F2-210 New Unit Unable to Boot

Permissions, domain/LDAP, power, security, notification and more.
natexiao627

F2-210 New Unit Unable to Boot

Post by natexiao627 »

Hi TerraMaster,

I recently got a new F2-210 as a gift from my friend. It is a new unit in the box. When I first opened it, I found out that it cannot boot or connect to the Internet. Here are several things that are uncommon:

1. All 4 front LED lights are ON, showing green colour.
2. LAN indicator (both green and orange one) is off, not light on when ethernet cable is plugged in and powered on.
3. I do not have any hard drive installed. When plug-in power, I hear a beep.
4. I tried a different ethernet cable, tried to connect to an internet switch and my router directly, also tried to reboot the unit. Unfortunately, nothing changes.
5. The F2-210 is not getting any DHCP IP address. I checked my router's setting page and could not see the NAS connected. Also, I cannot find the NAS using Windows TNAS software.
6. I do not know that TOS it is running since this is the first time I got it. It is new in the box and never used before.

I think the NAS is bricked or something wrong with the motherboard. Please let me know what to d. I have attached a few pictures below. I have also sent an email to the support team.

Thanks,
Nate
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Re: F2-210 New Unit Unable to Boot

Post by TMzethar »

Please try to boot the F2-210 with no drive in , till you can search it then you can put the drives in it and install TOS.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
natexiao627

Post by natexiao627 »

Hi,

I do not have any drive installed in the NAS. Yesterday I left the NAS powered ON for 6 hours and all four LED indicators are still on. The HDD indicators did not turn off.

I then performed the reset process as provided in this link: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=696.

I am stuck at Step 8. After Steps 1-7, I powered on the NAS, but the TFTP software interface does not display anything. The F2-210's LAN indicator is still off.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

Can you search the TNAS with the TNAS PCplease download here.If still don't work, please apply for after sales if your F2-210 is under warranty.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
natexiao627

Post by natexiao627 »

TMzethar wrote: 04 Dec 2020, 22:49 Can you search the TNAS with the TNAS PCplease download here.If still don't work, please apply for after sales if your F2-210 is under warranty.
Hi,

I cannot see F2-210 using the TNAS PC software. How can I check if my unit is still under warranty? It is a gift I got from a friend.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

We may have missed something. Please try to follow the instructions.https://support.terra-master.com/quickguide/
natexiao627

Post by natexiao627 »

I tried the instruction above and unfortunately, the NAS is still bricked. I will contact the support team and hope they can do something for me.
It is a gift from a friend so I do not have the purchasing receipt. Not sure if the dead unit was covered under the warranty or not. Poor me :(
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Without order receipt, we are not able to provide your warranty service. You need to talk to your friend and ask for help.
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)