Time zones

Permissions, domain/LDAP, power, security, notification and more.
sianderson
Great Britain

Time zones

Post by sianderson »

Hi,

just want to report that from a clean install you enter in the time zone so as I am in the UK I select GMT (+00:00) Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London etc

however the system then boots up and shows the incorrect time, this is because its default Time Server is set to time-a.nist.gov, I have to then go and change it to a UK time server and click update for it to get the correct time, surely it shouldn't need this after setting what timezone i am in? GMT should be GMT regardless of what source it gets it time information from? or am I missing the point?
F2-210

TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Time zones

Post by TMSupport »

Thanks for the reporting. So which TOS version did you install? We will test here first.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

it installs 4.1.32 from clean so i guess its that version as 4.2.07 is an update

just further to this in 4.2.07 if I select time-a.nist.gov and click update I get operation failed so this might be the answer as if its the default NTP server that's failing then it cant get the correct time, perhaps setting the default on install to be pool.ntp.org might be a better choice as a default as this works
F2-210

TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

We tried re-installation to TOS4.2.07 and selected the time zone as Dublin, London when setting the password and time zone, but the mentioned issue of wrong time didn't happen.
We will try again by updating from TOS4.1.32 with time zone time-a.nist.gov.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)