hdparm

Permissions, domain/LDAP, power, security, notification and more.
mardook

hdparm

Post by mardook »

hi, I'm trying to understand why I can't get my nas f4 210 to go into standby even though I have set the 30 minutes of any inactivity.

Then entering from telnet with the command hdparm -S 5 / dev / sd * I see that after 25 seconds the nas deactivates the hard disks (I really hear them stop).

However, I don't know why after about 20-30 seconds the disks are reactivated, yet I have only one pc attached and I don't make any request to revive it. I tried to deactivate the upnp so that there are no other devices that can locate the nas and wake it up. I also deleted all the apps, but I don't know what else to do.

There is something that awakens it, but how can I understand it?
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Re: hdparm

Post by TMS »

If your hard drives have been idle for a preset time, they will go to sleep. However, certain conditions (including volume status, services, applications) will prevent your TNAS from entering sleep mode or wake TNAS from sleep mode from time to time.Note that the installation system cannot sleep for 2-3 days.
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @