Wrong NTP settings ends up in reboot loop

Language, region, time zone, power, navigation, notification and more.
pabs

Wrong NTP settings ends up in reboot loop

Post by pabs »

Hi,

This post is to share my recent experience with my F2-210.

One night my NAS started to be stuck in a reboot loop. As it was late, I just removed the power supply for the night.

On the next I powered on the NAS again and it was stuck in a reboot loop: the NAS was booting up, stayed up for less 30 seconds and then shutdown itself. I was able to ssh in be not long enough to troubleshout anything.

So, to solve the issue, I removed the HDDs and boot the NAS like this, leave it without any DD inside for a few minutes, shut it down and reboot with the HDD installed.

When I rebooted the NAS date was in 2058, I guess that might have been the issue causing the reboot loop (my NAS is configured to boot in the morning and shutdown in the night), I disable NTP and manually set the date and time.

So far, it's working normally (did the fix 2 days ago).
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Wrong NTP settings ends up in reboot loop

Post by TMSupport »

Thank you for the sharing.
Do feel free to contact us if any issues.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
pabs

Post by pabs »

Hi,

Actually I thought the issue root cause was the NTP/time synchro of the NAS. But I guess it was part of the symptoms.

I used different settings, manual time settings and different NTP server, but the issue still happens, sometimes it's differents, and just shuting down the NAS is enough to recover, sometimes I need a complete power off.

Time intervals between reboots varies a lot from a few seconds to 10-15 minutes. And sometimes the NAS and its power schedule work ok for several days in a row.

Is it possible to fix the issue ? Or how can I get a replacement ?

Thanks
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

Thanks,we will verify your question.
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
pabs

Post by pabs »

Hi

Any update on this, my NAS has been rebooting all afternoon after random operation duration.

I switched off the power schedule to see if this is the cause of the issue, but I definitely want to use it in the future.
pabs

Post by pabs »

Update:
with power schedule disabled the NAS is still rebooting after a few minutes.
NTP (time synchronisation) with external server is also disabled.

Is this a known hardware issue ? I saw other post with same behavior on this forum.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Could you please take a small video to show us the rebooting issue?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
pabs

Post by pabs »

I will try, but please keep in mind that's it's an intermittent issue. For example, yesterday afternoon the NAS was in a reboot loop, I managed to shut it down. Around 5am this night, it booted up (with the power schedule disabled, which is crazy, not understandable behavior ...) and started a reboot loop, so I removed the power supply.

This morning I turned the power back on and now it's working fine for 3 hours.

So it's not easy to catch it, next time it does it I'll try to film it.

Meanwhile, I kindly request instructions on how to use the warranty service, there is definitely an issue with this unit. NAS was bought in april 2020 on amazon.ca.

Thanks you
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

You can send an email to support(at)terra-master.com, and my colleague who is responsible for amazon.ca will contact you.
pabs

Post by pabs »

Hi,

I was able to catch the issue : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mS0tVSr ... e=youtu.be

Return to “System Configuration”