Password stopped working

Permissions, Users, Uear groups, shared folders, LDAP/domain
twisted_steel

Password stopped working

Post by twisted_steel »

I've had this F2-221 for a little over 2 years. A couple months ago I noticed I couldn't login in any longer. (It was after storm where we lost power, might be coincidence)

When I use the TNAS PC app and try to do the 'Access File' the normal Windows login box comes up, but I cant login. The typical incorrect username or password message appears.

Trying the 'Login' option, its attempts to bring the website up with the assigned IP, but that just times out, and the page stays blank, that feature stopped working a long time ago. (I put some effort into resolving that but it never resolved)

I know I have the right login, I have it documented in several places, and its always worked. It just stopped working. At this point I'm locked out.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the TNAS PC app(latest), I've rebooted the NAS.

Any ideas how to reset the password or gain access?
TMnight
TerraMaster Team

Re: Password stopped working

Post by TMnight »

When you search with TNAS PC, check whether the ip is 169.xxx.xxx.xxx,you can refer to the link:viewtopic.php?f=78&t=1916
If it is this type of ip, you need to change the ip and try to log in again, if the ip is correct, you can try to clear the browser cache, or change the browser to log in.
francesagnew

Re: Password stopped working

Post by francesagnew »

I had the same issue and I changed the ip. Surprisingly, this solution works. You can try changing your ip before logging in

Return to “Privileges”