can't access shared folders on Network after creation

Permissions, domain/LDAP, power, security, notification and more.
inafaracutiei

can't access shared folders on Network after creation

Post by inafaracutiei »

I have a weird issue with Nas F4-422, after i create full permission shared folders on the root i'm not able to access them throught windows file explorer, either via IP or Host name, Only one folder of all that i've created has been granted access the rest ask me non stop for credentials and after i enter them it prompts me again for the same thing. I'm guessing the Nas OS is not writing the proper Share credentials on those folders or something. Is there anything i can do? At this point with all my backed-up data spread around if i don't get this fixed i'm thinking about returning it because i've spent more than half a day trying to debug it and in all my NAS history and i had a few i've never seen this happen.

i have windows 10 up to date with all the updates
inafaracutiei

Re: can't access shared folders on Network after creation

Post by inafaracutiei »

quick update, i found this workaround for anyone in this particular situation

i had to enable the guest user and assign it read/write access to the folder
restarted windows checked the folders and they wore working , now i did not want to leave the folders with guesst access so i disabled completely the guest user but left the credentials on the folder. And after the second restart the shares worked.

This is very weird but non the less its working, for some reason either windows does not read the admin credentials or the NAS OS is not updating them correctly with only admin as access to them.
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

Hi,
This is because the computer remembers the connection refused or other logged-in accounts.
You can clear the connection from the online learning net use command, delete the login credentials from the computer control panel, or restart the computer to solve the problem.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
inafaracutiei

Post by inafaracutiei »

tried that and it did not do anything. There is something fishy :D going on with TOS and Windows. I've never seen this happen. I'm curious after an updated how it behaves, so far is a fresh install, if its doing it again i'll definitely return it.
kdneil

Post by kdneil »

I had this same issue and found a fix. Go to the Credential manager in Control Panel and delete the Windows credential associated with the TNAS device/mapped folder. Now I get to the mapped folderwithout the username and password prompts and backups are working fine.

Windows created a credential for the NAS device during device setup, which I was not aware since this hasn't happened during past device setups. When I attempted to back up to those folders or, access those mapped folders in any manner, I kept getting prompted for a username and password for the mapped device/folder but, would always fail to accept the username and password. Deleting the specific credential for the TNAS device solved the problem. I would advise to only delete the credential for the TNAS device.