F5-420 Initialization problem

Initialization of newly purchased TNAS or re-installation of your TNAS
splunk9

F5-420 Initialization problem

Post by splunk9 »

Hello!

This is my first attempt to set up an NAS, and I am not very tech-y. I have a F5-420, and I did add an additional TerraMaster 4GB Ram module before I installed the hard drives. I have three Seagate Ironwolf 6GB drives (2 are ST60000NEB023 and one is ST6000VNZ01) installed.

Whenever I try to install TOS, it stops at either 50% or 55% and I receive an error message that reads "Installing has TOS failed! Please start TNAS and try again". I've read through all the topics on this board (Initialization) and I've tried several of the suggested fixes, but none of them have worked.

I tried to install the TOS on a Mac Mini via Safari and a Dell laptop via Chrome and Firefox.

I'd appreciate any suggestions for troubleshooting! Thanks very much!
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: F5-420 Initialization problem

Post by TMroy »

It seem your InitBoot is very out of date, you can’t just install the latest TOS version. You have to install a earlier version first. Please write en email to our tech team and ask for help. Email:support(at)terra-master.com
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
splunk9

Re: F5-420 Initialization problem

Post by splunk9 »

Thank you for your response!

Return to “Initialization”