F2 NAS2 going ininstallation mode - can I reuse previously working HD

Initialization of newly purchased TNAS or re-installation of your TNAS
stefano.fornari

F2 NAS2 going ininstallation mode - can I reuse previously working HD

Post by stefano.fornari »

Hello all,
My F2- NAS2 started to go bad recently. It seemed to reboot and loose all settings like the services to startup and the date. Then it stopped to boot and after reading the FAQ site I rebooted it without the disks. Then I inserted one disk and pointed the browser to the NAS IPs, lending on the installation procedure. My question is: if I go on with the procedure, will it format the disk again? The disk led is blue and is the one formatted by the NAS.

Any help is very appreciated.

Stefano
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: F2 NAS2 going ininstallation mode - can I reuse previously working HD

Post by TMSupport »

As for the mentioned model F2 NAS2, it's a very old model and has been stopped production for several years. The software is no longer updated, and no components to repair it.
It's suggested to get a new device and you will be offered with a suitable discount. You can contact support(at)terra-master.com for more information.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
stefano.fornari

Device broken, how to recover the data? (was Re: F2 NAS2 going ininstallation mode - can I reuse previously working HD)

Post by stefano.fornari »

Thanks for your reply, and I will consider your offer. However my main concern right now, is not to loose my data. If I get a new device, it will format the disk.

So maybe the next step is: I can attach one of the disk to my linux machine through USB. How can I mount the disk to do a backup?

Thanks in advance.
Stefano
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: F2 NAS2 going ininstallation mode - can I reuse previously working HD

Post by TMSupport »

The technician here will help you backup the data from the old F2 NAS2 to the new TNAS.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)