Installation does no appear to finish/complete

Initialization of newly purchased TNAS or re-installation of your TNAS
dragonmyst

Installation does no appear to finish/complete

Post by dragonmyst »

Good morning (Central, USA), all.

I just installed the OS on my brand new F5-221. Everything went smoothly, until it was time to finalize the installation. I was informed that the last bit would require between 3 and 20 minutes, and I've now given it HOURS to finish. When I login through the TOS desktop app, I get to the desktop with NO functionality. I am presented with an horizontal, scrolling bar, no icons, no functionality, and no response to anything. Under the admin menu, NONE of the options work (not even logout). I have been through all the documentation I can find, but there are no references that I can find for how to reset and try again, or any way to correct this issue. Further, I am completely stuck, with no way to utilize this NAS, in any meaningful way. I have attached a screenshot of what I see. After several hours of searching for an answer, I'm about to pack this up and send it back to Amazon. I'm not interested in spending this much time on what has been an expensive paperweight, so far...

Any help would be greatly appreciated, in finishing this installation.
Attachments
Stuck_here.png
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Installation does no appear to finish/complete

Post by TMroy »

You are using an un compatible web browser, please use google chrome, Firefox, safari recent version by instead.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
dragonmyst

Post by dragonmyst »

That was quick and simple! Thank you very much. I have a question, though... I use Brave, which is a Google Chrome based browser. Why does launching the login from within the TOS Desktop app pull up IE, by default. IE is NOT the default on my machine (and never will be), so this seems a bit odd to me.

Thanks again for the quick response.

Respect,

- Brian
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

My pleasure!
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)