F2-220 Clean install Beeps on boot up

Initialization of newly purchased TNAS or re-installation of your TNAS
radicaltype

F2-220 Clean install Beeps on boot up

Post by radicaltype »

I have tried several different hdd's to see if that was the issue but it doesn't appear to be. I know the drives are in good working condition.

The problem is once I turn on the NAS it beeps then continues to beep on & off about every 11 secs. I've no idea what this means. Could someone please explain?

Thank you :D
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: F2-220 Clean install Beeps on boot up

Post by TMSupport »

Please advise your HDD model number and created RAID mode in return. Could the beep be muted by clicking the bell icon at the right top corner of TOS webpage?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
RandomPerson

Re: F2-220 Clean install Beeps on boot up

Post by RandomPerson »

Are you trying to install TOS?
If yes, the internal usb drive might be the problem.

I just had that same problem over the weekend while trying to do a clean installation.
The device beeped constantly and did not recognize any drive or ssd that I tried.
I asked the support for a new boot image and used it to create a new usb boot drive
After replacing the preinstalled drive with the new one the device booted up normally, it beeping constantly, recognized the drives and I was finally be to start the installation process.

Return to “Initialization”