TerraMaster F4-210

Initialization of newly purchased TNAS or re-installation of your TNAS
johnruk4670

TerraMaster F4-210

Post by johnruk4670 »

I moved my NAS from one network to another and it asked me to reassign an IP address which i did, it then asked me to re-initialise my NAS which i have not done yet, will i lose all my data if i re-initialise the NAS.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: TerraMaster F4-210

Post by TMroy »

Yes, if you change your network environment, the previous IP configuration need to be modify or your tnas won't work. But I did not get the point why you were asked to re-initialize your device, where you got such prompt? what did you do to your device?

Normally re-initialization won't delete your data on hard drives, you can go ahead, but if you get prompt and ask you to create a new storage pool or volume during initialization, you need to stop immidietely or you will lose you data. If this happen, please contact our technical team.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
johnruk4670

Post by johnruk4670 »

THANK YOU for the prompt reply - i did change the IP address and then logged into the NAS - it asked me to re-initialise and i stopped - it IS asking to create a storage pool and i have gone no further - how do i contcat your technical team for assistance please as the data is very important
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Please contact the support team at support(at)terra-master to ask for the technical remote session.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)