F2-220 internal usb image

Initialization of newly purchased TNAS or re-installation of your TNAS
RandomPerson

F2-220 internal usb image

Post by RandomPerson »

I tried to re-initialize my F2-220 over the weekend only for it to fail repeatedly.
The HDD LEDs never changed from red and the NAS started beeping in constant intervals.
I've read through the FAQs and tried the steps listed with different HDDs and SSDs without any success.
The NAS just kept beeping and the HDD LEDs stayed red no matter which drives were being used.
The beeping also continued if the drives were removed and there was no way to access the NAS over the network.

After a few more trials I've come across GitHub repository which contained an old Backup of the internal usb drive of an F4-220.
So I've downloaded and wrote the image to an empty usb drive and replaced the internal usb drive with the new one.
And to my surprise during the next trial the beeping stopped, the HDD LEDs went from red to green and the device was reachable over the network.
So I assume the reason is either the original stick going bad (or it might be the drive being full? 98% of the 62 MB were being used with only 1.8 MB of free space according to the disk manager).

While I am now able to reach the NAS, I am still unable to install TOS (4.1.30) on the NAS.
Automatic download fails and while manually downloading the Installer from the website works, the installation crashes at 55%.

A possible reason might be the outdated usb image (I think the Web interface during the first initialization looked cleaner and more refined than the current one with the new drive).
Another reason might be that the image is not 100% compatible with the F2-220 since it originally came from an F4-220.

Is it possible to get an official and hopefully up-to-date boot image to try again?
Otherwise if it continues to fail I most likely will have to return the device.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: F2-220 internal usb image

Post by TMSupport »

Please send an email to suppor(at)terra-master.com and say you want a usable x86 small system for F2-220.
If you want to let it work, you should replace the /boot/bzImage with new image and remame it to the same name "bzImage".
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
RandomPerson

Post by RandomPerson »

I've finally managed to install TOS using the F4-220 image that I found on GitHub.
While installing TOS V4.1.30 directly still fails, I was able to install TOS V4.1.27 and updated it afterwards to V4.1.30 using the update package.
Patrodac

Post by Patrodac »

Hello, it's possible to be send the link to github? I have the same problem since i try upgrade ram. The support of terramaster confirm ok to my upgrade ram but when i install it, my nas no start. I removed the ram. Now, Led is red for hdd1 & 2 , no light rj45 and the nas reboot always non stop. I ask help to support terramaster but no answer for this moment. My nas. Is very full fonctionnal before upgrade and my model is F2-420.
Thank you for your help and sorry for my english.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

As for the broken boot USB, you can get a new USB flash with no less than 1GB capacity to burn a new one, please see the instructions below:
File link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/co93n1r2hks0q ... e.zip?dl=0
Condition: centos6 system or above, a new USB hard drive with capacity over 1G
1 Extract burn usb hard drive system package, upload it into centos system/mnt directory
2 Insert burn usb hard drive into centos server,and input following command:
cd /mnt
chmod +x make_install
chmod +x grub.cfg
./make_install bzImage
After the new USB flash drive is burned, please disassemble the device and remove the old one from the device, then connect the new one (to the USB port) to reinstall the TOS.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Patrodac

Post by Patrodac »

Thank you
Penegal

Post by Penegal »

Just a question unrelated to your issue,...

Have you tried to use the Second internal USB port?

I was wondering if anyone has made use of this second port on the motherboard and if so, what would be the maximum size USB we can use?

I've just upgraded the RAM and saw the second port and thought If it can be used.

PLEX Media Server
1x AC Infinity CLOUDPLATE T2, (Top Exhaust)
2x AC Infinity CLOUDPLATE T7-N, 2U (In) n (Out)
TP-Link TL-SG1016PE JetStream 16-Port Switch
F5-221
F5-442
2x AC Infinity CLOUDPLATE T9 3U, (In) n (Out)

I Want To Believe
dgz

Post by dgz »

My F4-220 is also getting 4 red HD LEDs and no LAN activity.
I'm not able to create a USB boot image using CentOS steps. Could someone share where I can download the USB image?
Thanks.
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

Hi,
please refer to this link:viewtopic.php?f=75&t=1455
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @