F4-210 with existing raid-5 wants to initialize again

Initialization of newly purchased TNAS or re-installation of your TNAS
lejonlv

F4-210 with existing raid-5 wants to initialize again

Post by lejonlv »

I have 4 WD Red NAS 4TB drives in my F4-210 since May of this year. I got the beep from the unit and a message indicating that the hot swap drive was either bad or had been removed. I re-seated everything and got the beep on power up. did this twice more then did not get the beep but when I try and connect to the device I log in and get the "must initialize before you use the system. I can connect from a PC in the office or remotely.

I can afford to format the drives and loose the data and need help as our business is open in 17 hours. I sent an email to support but if they are only available Monday - Friday I'm in up over my ears.

I noticed that some of the support members are here on the forum and would greatly appreciate any help.

If I recall, support should be able to remotely connect and by pass the initialization to get to the raid configuration. I have a spare drive to swap out with the one that was showing bad but again don't want to erase any data.

Thanks
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: F4-210 with existing raid-5 wants to initialize again

Post by TMSupport »

Hi, as for this issue, it will need the help of the technician, a remote session will be arranged for you.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)

Return to “Initialization”