Installation

Initialization of newly purchased TNAS or re-installation of your TNAS
Stephen

Installation

Post by Stephen »

I have installed harddrive, set up cables etc.
Have installed TNAS PC. In the TNAS PC windows, I have clicked login, put in my password, clicked through. All I see is a blank White explorer window.
Abandoned that, gone to 'map Drive'. Put in my password there and nothing happens!
I am having to guess the way to proceed, as the installation guide only gives me three vague lines of information with regard to drive mapping!

Please advise.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Installation

Post by TMSupport »

For the blank white explorer, please advise the browser you are using now. And it's recommended to use later version of Google Chrome and Fire Fox.
For the failed mapping drive issue, please ensure that:
1. SMB service has been enabled. Please check at TOS Control panel – network services – file service- SMB/CIFS service, please uncheck it and click apply then recheck it again and click apply. Please try to map the drive again.
2. No special characters in your TOS login password such as $. Please revise your password by clicking “admin” at the top right corner of TOS webpage to the one without special character and try mapping the drive again.
3. “Remember my credentials” has been checked when entering the password, otherwise your mapped drive would be disappeared after rebooting your computer.
4. You have “Read & Write” full permission to the folder you selected, or you will be prompted as “Configuration failed error code 1202”. You can change the permission at TOS Control panel – Privileges – shared folder.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

Thank you for your reply. I have downloaded Google Chrome and made it my default browser. I go back to TNAS click login (click login as file browser in your help files! Does NOT exsist!
Click login, it point to explorer 11.
Copy the URL to Chrome it opens the help files!
No matter what info I can NOT access Terra Master control panel!
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Please input the IP address directly in google chrome browser.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

I have done that!
See third line of my previous reply!
This whole thing is a total nightmare!

I formally request to return the unit, under the 30 day rule as defined by the UK government.
Please arrange pre paid mailer, or uplift of the unit for full refund.
Many thanks.
Mr S Harper.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Please advise from where you purchased it.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)