F4-210 initialization

Initialization of newly purchased TNAS or re-installation of your TNAS
AndreG

F4-210 initialization

Post by AndreG »

The format raid has be stuck at 11% for a few hours. What would be the problem? I have 4 seagate drives in the unit. 2 x 2TB and 2x 1TB. I asked for single drive since I want to for movies that I have disks for so I didn't need the RAID.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: F4-210 initialization

Post by TMSupport »

Please advise the HDD model number, is it Seagate IronWolf or Barracuda. It's not recommended to install Barracuda in our device. It may have compatible issues with performance.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
AndreG

Post by AndreG »

Sadly they are barracuda. I have created a RAID 0 and it is working fine when I watch a movie on a networked computer using the PLEX app, however, when I watch on a networked TV with the PLEX app or a Tablet with the PLEX app the playback is studdering. Would this mean that I have purchased the unit with too little RAM? of is it totally the fault of the drives?
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

Probably the kiss of death but i run Barracuda HDDs in my F5-221 with no problems.

Return to “Initialization”