TOS Initialization Issues

Initialization of newly purchased TNAS or re-installation of your TNAS
MissionAborted
Canada

TOS Initialization Issues

Post by MissionAborted »

Hi folks,

I'm brand spankin' new to TerraMaster and NAS in General. I originally had a Linux system set up with a RAID but after the Motherboard failed, I decided to go with a simpler solution.

Today I eagerly unpacked my TerraMaster F4-210 as soon as the delivery man dropped it off. I installed 4 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda drives into the bays as per the Quick Installation Guide, downloaded the manual and TNAS PC and began installing software. My network found the F4-210 and successfully checked the drives.

I opted to download TOS to my PC and manually install, as the online version was not showing as available. Now, several hours later, the TOS installation is stuck at 50% (Installing TOS System). The F4-210 is plugged into the LAN (CAT6) and my PC that is installing TOS is on the same network via wi-fi.

I understand others have had the same issue at various stages and the official guidance is to "wait patiently" but there is something definitely not right with this initialization. I do not want to refresh or turn off my PC, as I do not want to brick the F4-210. The 4 installed drives had about 1TB of each drive filled as a RAID-6.

Wondering what the issue could be, if I can re-start the initialization, or what other steps I need to take to get this working properly.

Thanks
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: TOS Initialization Issues

Post by TMroy »

It seems there is something wrong on your drives, the TOS installation fails and hangs.
Please try refresh the web page and try to reinstall the TOS again. refresh the web page will not turn your device into brick, but do not force power off during isntallation. If it still present fails, pull all your drives out, and plug in only one drive to install the TOS.

Important, Seagate barracuda is a not recommanded drive.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
MissionAborted
Canada

Post by MissionAborted »

Perfect, thank you!

Installation / Initialization worked after retrying. Glad to know I could retry it without causing issues. When I retried, the installation finished quickly and easily.

I now have my F-210 set up as RAID 6 and my files are being transferred via Samba.

I saw my Seagate Barracauda drives listed in HDD for DAS under the compatibility section, so thought they were ok. I am upgrading my drives soon anyway, so glad to know I should check the compatibility chart again before buying.

Thanks Again!
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

You're welcome! Glad to know you are free from the issue now.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)