Saw Effect writting and reading files

Backup and restore solutions, issues, experiences
jorgemaciasd

Saw Effect writting and reading files

Post by jorgemaciasd »

Hi,

I've bought the F5-221 one and I have two HDD Seagate Barracuda Compute 6TB 7200rpm and 250MB in RAID 1. I understand the performance with RAID 1 may down a bit, but I don't think this is normal. Both disks are also news and before use this NAS I tested them in another older NAS I had, I didn't see this poor or unstable performance. I have also tested with an old Maxtor HDD and I have the same behaviour. I highlight that the worst is on writing tasks. The perforamce goes from 0 bytes to 60-70 mb, that should be stable on time... this increases the time it takes to copy or paste the files.

I've attached some screenshots.

Thank you,
Jorge
Attachments
Test2_Write.JPG
Test2_Write.JPG (14.35 KiB) Viewed 2615 times
Test1_Reading.JPG
Test1_Reading.JPG (19.67 KiB) Viewed 2615 times
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Saw Effect writting and reading files

Post by TMroy »

Hi, please refer to the article and update your TOS to the latest version and try again. viewtopic.php?f=28&t=569

By the way, you are using not recommended drives, I know they are cheaper, but they are not made for NAS, such kind of drive does not work stable, it may cause your raid crash and data lost.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
jorgemaciasd

Post by jorgemaciasd »

Thank you by your reply.

I have the last version and almost nothing installed on the NAS.
Regarding the HDD not recommended, the ones I'm using should work as normal behaviour, if I put them on my computer they run right, how is it possible with you NAS with Intel processor and 2 gigs of RAM not able to move the traffic as it should but with the recommended disks yes? By the way, Seagate Barracuda Pro is one of the recommended ones and is not a NAS disk designed...

Can you give another solution to this?

Thank you
Jorge
jorgemaciasd

Post by jorgemaciasd »

I just add a Gif where you can see what I mean.

Thank you
Attachments
copyingfile.gif
jorgemaciasd

Post by jorgemaciasd »

Find attached another example of Reading a file from the Old Maxtor to my computer, it runs perfect, but not with copy...
Attachments
ReadingFile.gif
ReadingFile.gif (6.97 KiB) Viewed 2607 times
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

You need to check if your files normal and if your drive healthy.

I just made a similar testing at home, it just worked fine. The speed was stable at about 65~66MB, as I tested via 2.4G wi-fi, so the speed is reasonable, I think.
My testing environment:
TNAS: F2-221 2x12TB RAID 1
Computer: Windows 7, AMD althron 2GB memory SAMSUNG SSD 850 256GB
Network: xiaomi router 802.11n 2.4G wi-fi
read_tnas.jpg
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)