Format RAID failed

Initialization of newly purchased TNAS or re-installation of your TNAS
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Format RAID failed

Post by TMroy »

Well, then try to start your tnas with the 16TB drive. I am not sure if the issue is caused by the 16TB drive.
by the way, mix different brand, model and capacity to make a RAID 5 is not a good choice, that may be not stable and waste your drive capacity.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
frazier

Post by frazier »

I tried your suggestion, when I only put the 16TB in the NAS, it searches for a long time (a lot of noise from the drive), then it stops and no lights lit up (except power and LAN of course). When I start TOS PC and press login, no hard drives are detected
Schermopname (79).jpg
Schermopname (79).jpg (21.36 KiB) Viewed 3003 times
And for the RAID, I don't want to make a RAID 5, I want to make a JBOD (as I wrote in my first post), I just took this screen shot as it is the first image you get in the 'create RAID' step, to show the NAS was calculated in the total.
I only bought the NAS because a 4-bay enclosure I had didn't read the 16TB. I thought it was because this enclosure couldn't handle this large drive, so I upgraded to a NAS that could handle it. I also bought the Toshiba 10TB so I could fill up the NAS at once.
Being that the enclosure AND the NAS can't find it, and it makes much more noise than the other drives (when trying to start up), surely we must presume the fault lies there, no?
frazier

Post by frazier »

Problem solved. It was indeed the 16TB that caused the problem. I tried with the 3 10TB drives and it worked without a problem.
Thanks for your help
leizer18

Post by leizer18 »

I put the hdd in my NAS and I went to your site and I followed steps but it crashes at Configure storage space
Storage space will be configured as the following default setting. Please click “Cancel” if you would like a custom configuration.
BEFORE I PUT THE SECOND HDD WAS GOING NOW AFTER I RESET IT DON'T WORK ANYMORE
Screenshot (30).png
Screenshot (29).png
Screenshot (28).png
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}leizer18

it seems there is no hard drive detected. please replace your drives and try again.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
leizer18

Post by leizer18 »

HDD Seagate IronWolf (NAS) 1TB
5900RPM SATA3 64MB
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

{L_BUTTON_AT}leizer18
Please make sure that the hard disk is installed and stable, and try again. If it still doesn't work, please replace the hard disk and try or check whether the hard disk is healthy. viewtopic.php?f=75&t=1125
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}leizer18

Your screenshots told that system didn't detect your drive. replace your drive and try again.

Return to “Initialization”