TNAS-PC fails to locate NAS? Need help?

Initialization of newly purchased TNAS or re-installation of your TNAS
FO876

TNAS-PC fails to locate NAS? Need help?

Post by FO876 »

Good day,

I just purchased and installed my F4-210 NAS yesterday, I purchased this unit to back up the contents on my older PC since it's been acting quirky lately. Well, I had everything installed super easy yesterday, I managed to set-up the 'map drive' through the TNAS-PC app and loved that I was able to download files/folders on my PC to the NAS by simply right clicking>send to.

Well, the PC was acting up again by evening time, wouldn't reboot properly so I wound up needing to REPAIR/REINSTALL W10. Lost all my programs (inc. TNAS-PC) but the computers files were still intact thankfully.

After uploading TNAS-PC again, it refuses to locate the NAS, so I can't redo the 'map drive' option

My phone app connects no problem and I can get into TOS from my PC's browser. I tried resetting the NAS to factory by going through the update/restore. But the PC app will NOT find the NAS when it searches.

FWIW- everything else seems to work fine. I've been transferring files manually but would really like to get that PC app to work again, any help would be appreciated!

The NAS is connected to my broadband/wifi modem via network cable and my PC is connect to the network via cable to a wifi extender.

TIA!!!
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: TNAS-PC fails to locate NAS? Need help?

Post by TMSupport »

As for the issue that TNAS PC could not detect your device, please see the following:
1. please ensure that your TNAS and computer are in the same network segment (connected to the same router);
2. please close the firewall and anti-virus software of your computer and run TNAS PC to search again;
3. please reboot your TNAS without any hard drives and run TNAS PC to search again.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
FO876

Post by FO876 »

TY!

I tried #2 first and it worked, but did notice once I turned everything back on it won't find it again. That didn't seem to happen the very first time I installed, anyway to fix that?

At least I know how to get it back up when I need it so thank you!
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

As the Firewall could block the TNAC PC from communication with your tnas device, so to use the tool, you may have to disable your firewall.
But as soon as you know your tnas IP address, you actually do not need the TNAS PC app everytime you visit your tnas. You can map a network drive to your frequently visit folder, more over if you can remember your IP address or device name, you just need to input the IP address or the device name on your web address bar then you can access your TOS, for example, you can enter //192.168.1.105 or //yourdevicename.local/
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
FO876

Post by FO876 »

Thank you!

Return to “Initialization”