New F4-210 and noisy

Initialization of newly purchased TNAS or re-installation of your TNAS
gerdo40

New F4-210 and noisy

Post by gerdo40 »

Hello I have just set up my new NAS and all went ok. However even when the NAS is not being accessed, I can hear the disk heads moving in a very regular pattern. Every 2 seconds the disk heads move for about 1 second. Why would this be happening? Is there a disk monitoring tool that would show what is going on?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: New F4-210 and noisy

Post by TMSupport »

Please advise your installed HDD model number, quantity and RAID mode in return. The system will be in self-inspection after initialization finished, and the hard drives will be spinning. The time it will take depends on the capacity of the hard drive.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
gerdo40

Post by gerdo40 »

Hello, I have 4 1tb disks using raid 5. The disks are Western Digital WD1003FBYX (Enterprise storage)
I put the disks into hibernation mode over night as I thought they might eventually stop running, but this morning the disks were still being accessed.
The version of TOS is 4.1.21-2002271849
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Hi, there is a new release of our TOS4.1.24, you can download the update package from our website and manually update your TOS to this version, the hibernation should be working on the one.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)

Return to “Initialization”