F4-210 problem

Initialization of newly purchased TNAS or re-installation of your TNAS
fallex

F4-210 problem

Post by fallex »

Have a major problem with my relatively new Amazon purchased F4-210 Order # 206-3169498-0209161. Purchased 24/01/2020
Should someone at Terramaster read this and ask me to return item for exchange etc, I do not have the packaging etc for the item as it was lost during our housemove in March.
So I had finally got round to setting up my computer computer system in our new home a week or two ago. I then tried to setup and initialise the Nas which has proved impossible.
When I power the unit on all lights are immediately on, coloured green whether or not the ethernet cable or the h/d's or both are connected or not.
If H/d's or Lan cable or both are removed whilst in this state all lights stay green.
TNAS desktop app fails to find the F4-210 although it has no problem at all finding the F4-220 I have on my network.
Neither can the F4-210 be found in windows. Yet again it see,s my F4-220 ok.
I have tried using puTTy as instructed as shown in this posted answer to a similar problem posted elsewhere
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=363
But on attempting this puTTy will not let me insert the password.
The only other pieces of information I can give is that when then power lead is inserted into the back of the unit it beeps twice again whether h/d's Lan fitted or not. Also once powered on the only way to power off is to disconnect the power lead. Drives are all new Iron Wolf.
Any help, advice especially from Terramaster would be appreciated.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: F4-210 problem

Post by TMroy »

hi, I will forward your post to our technical team for study, and come back to you soon with our solution.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Hi,did this happen after updating your TOS? It seems that your device has been bricked. Please contact us at support(a)terra-master.com together with your serial number and Amazon order number. We will replace you with a new device.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
fallex

Post by fallex »

Email sent.