About the NAS;
  • F2-210 bought new March 1 2023
About hard drives fitted in NAS;
  • Seagate IronWolf 8TB [NAS] 3.5"
About intended use;
  • I would like to access each drive independently for different storage uses
Problems;

A: Setup individual drives but could not access Volume #2
  • After reading up online and searching the issue was advised to reset to factory default
    After reset to default went through setup - individual drives - problem persisted
    Ensured SMB was active
    Could now use web interface File Manager to add / remove folders and files [new] to Volume #1 and could see Volume #2 but not add or remove folders or files
    Access via windows 11 File Explorer shows the NAS under Network and allows access to [apparently] Volume #1 but no signs indicating Volume #2 at all
B: NAS has seemingly lost all system setup and has gone back to Admin Settings [after TOS loading] but cannot get past the setup page

After not getting required results for my intended usage I switched the NAS off with intention of getting back to it a day or so later. Unfortunately I became ill for about a week [recovered thanks]. I have now gotten back to the NAS only to find all my settings are gone and on trying to access the NAS I can only get as far as the Admin settings page.
  • Turn on NAS [connected to router directly with network cable]
    Go to laptop for access [as previously]
    Go to Windows 11 File Explorer and double click 'TNAS-52FD' [this is the F2-210]
    Browser starts up [Opera] and TOS starts to load [Have tried access via Firefox and Edge also]
    Arrive at 'Initialization' page that says 'Admin Settings' and requires user name password and email address and time
    Set user name, password and email and time
    Click on 'Send Code' and get timer
    Go to email and copy code
    Paste code into settings page
    Click on 'Next'
    NOTHING HAPPENS
    Click on 'Can't receive email? Skip this'
    Nothing Happens
I'm stuck on the Admin Settings page [after TOS loads].

As noted above the NAS and both drives in it are brand new and I checked the drives where suitable before buying them. My limited budget means I had to save to buy this equipment and so far I'm very disappointed with the experience. I really hope to be able to fix the issues and use the NAS.

If anyone could help it would be great. I'm not too bothered about using the drives individually but would like to if possible. The main issue right now is that the NAS is stuck on Admin settings and I cannot pass that page.
TMnorah
TerraMaster Team

Re: F2-210 NAS : Stuck at Admin Settings and more

Post by TMnorah »

Cannot create or delete folders or files on volume 2 How to do it? In which interface? Is there a screenshot?

You can change the browser to Google, or clear the browser cache, and then follow the second method of the forum guide to reinstall the system. If your verification code is invalid, you can choose to leave it blank and skip it later.
viewforum.php?f=75
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
UKNightWatch

Post by UKNightWatch »

Unfortunately I cannot provide screenshots as I cannot get beyond Admin Settings!

When I used browser - Opera, firefox or Edge - I was in the TOS page where I could view apps, NAS status and the other things therein. I could also use File Manager.

In [browser] File Manager it is not quite the same as Windows File Explorer but quite similar. At first I could only navigate, create and delete files and folders in Volume #1. After enabling SMB - thought it would be needed for windows File Explorer - I could see both Volumes in the browser File Manager but not create or do anything else in Volume #2.

Using Windows File Explorer the NAS was shown in Network twice - in Other Devices as TNAS-52FD where I still see it and can use that icon to access browser based system - up to Admin Settings - also in Computer - sorry I forget the actual name: NAS definitely showed there but does not now.

When NAS was working I could use Windows Internet Explorer and access the NAS where the known folders of Volume #1 where clearly available. With no screen shot from memory I think the folders where; Public, *user name* and I think recycle or trash. There was not at any stage any indication of Volume #2 when using Windows File Explorer.

So! The interfaces;
  • Windows file Explorer - currently only showing NAS as TNAS-52FD - that icon launches the browser based TOS interface [Cannot go beyond Admin Settings]
    Browser based [TOS I think] - Had a File Manager, NAS report including drive status, apps , help and more. Impossible to send screen shots as cannot get beyond Admin Settings.
The browsers are clear as far as I can tell.
I will look at the forum guide later today when I have more time to devote to getting NAS working.
The verification code; I press to get code, go to email and retrieve code then enter the code but no matter which I press 'Next' or 'Skip' nothing happens - the page stays on Admin Settings and nothing changes.

Thanks for the suggestions so far. I hope to get back to the NAS in an hour from posting this or so.
powerQ

Post by powerQ »

Did you ever try google chrome browser?
F4-221 TOS 5.1.34 (SAMSUNG 250 SSD x1, WD Red 8TB x 1, Single drive)
F2-423 TOS 5.1.34 RAID1(12TB IronWolf x 2)
UKNightWatch

Post by UKNightWatch »

Hi!

I 'knocked it on the head' and switched off the NAS as I was getting nowhere fast.

My honest opinion is that the NAS should work with my chosen browser[s] and I should not be forced to use a specific browser. That said I firmly believe that being a 'stick in the mud' only gets one that which they deserve and I am open to try other things.

When I switched on the NAS this morning and went to retry on laptop to get the NAS sorted the NAS is nowhere to be seen on my network. So I have my work cut out it seems.

I'm about to install google chrome and give it a spin. let's face it - it can not hurt. In fact I hope it will help.

I will try to leave a comment or update this one later as to what happens next on the matter [time permitting].

Thanks for the input.
UKNightWatch

Post by UKNightWatch »

UPDATE:

I installed and used browser - Google Chrome
I was able to Re-install TOS
I got as far as 'Admin Settings'
Again; can get no further - set all fields as required, 'get code', paste code in then press 'Next' and nothing happens - press skip and nothing happens

I will try again later to re -install TOS. At this stage I'm starting to think of the NAS as a lost cause though.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Please refer to the article for troubleshooting.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
UKNightWatch

Post by UKNightWatch »

@TMSupport

Thanks for the link I appreciate you are trying to help

Putty login;

Can only get in using: login as - admin / password admin

Then get this;

https://imgur.com/a/Jfj7pnA

I can go no further as this is not working

I tried to have image show in post but had to settle for link
crisisacting

Post by crisisacting »

kevintexas0106 wrote: 11 May 2023, 15:52 To do this, you need to press and hold the Reset button on the F2-210 NAS for at least 5 seconds until the LEDs on the device start blinking.
That's not a thing on TNAS; that's a TDAS option.
HolisticWhale

Post by HolisticWhale »

I have this problem and no amount of clearing cache or changing browsers helps!

I'm trying to reinstall my NAS that stopped responding after auto updating and can't follow the guide listed above as it says to not follow if there is data on the drivers - I presume it'll wipe the data!

Help!