T12-450 no ip requested

Initialization of newly purchased TNAS or re-installation of your TNAS
Hountez

T12-450 no ip requested

Post by Hountez »

Hi,

I bought a T12-450 and tried to initialize it today,
at first boot, it was found in TNAS PC and I was able to select the 2 discs I inserted and choose to download the image for TOS from the internet.
After the download and installation (with the timer and the message that the system is rebooting), the connection was gone, in my router, i was unable to see the NAS´s IP and after deleting the DHCP list to regenerate an ip the NAS did not get an IP.

Now I am sitting here with what is basically an expensive paperweight because I am unable to troubleshoot a device that is not booting and has no screen output.

Any suggestions on what i can try?

When starting it makes one "beep" after 5 seconds and then nothing, i already tried to remove the drives and boot it but this does not change anything.
Hountez

Re: T12-450 no ip requested

Post by Hountez »

Additional info:
The LAN port LED is flashing on both the router and the NAS, so a connection should be present, but as said no IP is visible.
Even with a separate router where I only plug my laptop and the NAS in, the NAS does not get an IP address assigned, the Laptop does.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

It seems the TOS failed to install on your drives, Now you need to start over again, follow the guideline below to reinstall TOS. please make sure your hard drive is healthy, if the issue persists, you can replace your drive and try again. after your TNAS reboot, use the TNAS PC to search the device again, your TNAS's IP may be changed after reboot.

How to reinstall TOS? use the method 2
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Hountez

Post by Hountez »

I already tried this.

since i get no ip i thought maybe the initboot was faulty, so i tried to recreate it based on this viewtopic.php?f=76&t=3684

then i started the system without drives, but the problem still exists.