Initial setup: login refused

Initialization of newly purchased TNAS or re-installation of your TNAS
naftis

Initial setup: login refused

Post by naftis »

I have just unpacked and setup the hardware for my new NAS TerraMaster F4-210. From my Windows 10 PC where I have installed the TNAS PC application I can find it in my network, with IP 192.168.1.10. I can ping it successfully, but when I try to login with the browser I get a "connection refused" error. I tried removing the disks and restarting the NAS, and then reinsert the disks, but nothing changed: the network and HD leds are steady green, the device is immediately discovered in the network, but login is refused.

I then tried to setup the device via Putty, as suggested at viewtopic.php?f=21&t=362. I can succesfully connect and login as root with password Admin123; yet, when I launch the script as suggested (/etc/tos/scripts/wget_from_online), I get a PHP error telling me that it cannot find the library gd.so. Here is the full output:

Code: Select all

root@TNAS:~# ls
root@TNAS:~# /etc/tos/scripts/wget_from_online
Daemon already running on PID 12758
[09-May-2020 22:30:53] NOTICE: PHP message: PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'gd.so' (tried: /usr/lib/php/gd.so (libbz2.so.1.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /usr/lib/php/gd.so.so (/usr/lib/php/gd.so.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0
coresize=3072
swapsize=2048
fireware=http://dl.terra-master.com/cn/TOS_A1.0_Install_ARM_4.1.23_2004231808.ins
md5=c2d0eecaf99d69b00e9e40a5bcf62c52
version=4.1.23
So I'm stuck and I cannot setup the NAS. Could you help?
scotty38

Re: Initial setup: login refused

Post by scotty38 »

What credentials are you using? When I installed mine at the first login page I "assumed" it was looking for a default admin password when in actual fact it was expecting me to create my own.

Once I did that I logged in just fine.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Try this solution.
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=363
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Please configure the gateway /etc# route add default gw eth0 10.18.8.1 (please change 10.18.8.1 to your own gateway),
and then execute /etc/tos/scripts/wget_from_online
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)