Two-day synchronization during setup

Initialization of newly purchased TNAS or re-installation of your TNAS
brian666

Two-day synchronization during setup

Post by brian666 »

I'm just setting up my NAS, with 5 x 14 TB drives in a RAID 5 configuration, and using EXT4. As part of the process, I get a message that the drive is 'synchronizing', and based on the first few percent, it's going to take somewhere around 50 hours to complete.

Synchronizing what, exactly? I haven't tried to copy any files to the drive, this is a new setup with five brand new drives. I've done nothing more than follow the setup procedure from the website.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Two-day synchronization during setup

Post by TMroy »

Actually you can google for some very basic knowledge. We recommended everyone to do so. the following article may help you a bit.
https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/synch ... es-servers
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
brian666

Re: Two-day synchronization during setup

Post by brian666 »

I searched the manual, your site, and the forums. I admit it didn't occur to me to search on ibm.com! But OK, I understand what is going on now. It's terminology - to me, synchronization means making target a copy of source. If actually setting up the array is also called "synchronization", then fair enough. At two days a time, I don't think I will be following IBM's frequency guidelines! :shock: