initialization loop after unplugging

Initialization of newly purchased TNAS or re-installation of your TNAS
BLEDV

initialization loop after unplugging

Post by BLEDV »

Hi,
I own a F4-220 Terramaster NAS with 4 HDDs (3.0TB WD30EFRX NASware 3.0 WD Red NAS Hard Drive) running in Raid system.
Did a fine job for the last 2 to 3 years. I do not know what TOS system was running.
What I remember it was something 4.XX but not 5.0.
I had to shutdown and plug it of for a week.
After plugging it in again I can find it now by IP Adress (10.0.0.116) which it got per DHCP from my router.
Also TNAS PC finds it there.
What I remember it is not the same IP than before unplugging.
Every time I try to open this adress it wants to initialize and says „Welcome, the initialisation will beginn“
After pressing the „Start“ button ist says
„The TOS System was found on your HD“ and asks me
„Use TOS System on HD“ or „Install a new TOS System“.
Since i am afraid to lose my all data I always check „Use the TOS System on HD“.
After that it shows „restart running“ and counts up to 100 %.
After about a while it starts again from „Welcome, the initialisation will beginn“.
How can I get back to my data?
Sorry for my poor english I am from Austria.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: initialization loop after unplugging

Post by TMSupport »

There may be problems with the old system that make it unusable. Please refer to the article to select the correct installation package to install the new TOS.
Note: Reinstalling the system normally will not delete the data on your hard drives.
After installation-restart-setting the account password, if it prompts to create storage pool or initialize the raid, please do not continue and contact our tech team.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
BLEDV

Post by BLEDV »

Thank you, i tried now to download the right OS Version. At initialization i checked use new TOS System. Now The HDD check comes with one of my hdds (Nr 2) bad, the other 3 are good. Shall i continue even with that bad hdd or try to setup TOS first and change the bad HDD later?
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

Do you mean the detection when installing the system or in the TOS control panel? What is the array of your four hard disks?
If it is a single disk mode, you can use the good hard disk to continue to set TOS.
It is not recommended to continue using a damaged hard disk.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
BLEDV

Post by BLEDV »

Yes it is the detection when installing the system. It is 2 1/2 years since it is set up first, I believe it is configured as a Raid system. I have not done documentation, but it is not JBOD as I remember.
BLEDV

Post by BLEDV »

I tried to init one more time, now it shows me all hdd in good condition!
when i go ahead by "install a new TOS system" it shows me the message "all data on HDD1 and HDD2 will be deleted, are you sure you want to proceed"
same message if I check manual update or automatic update.
I am very scared to lose data!
BLEDV

Post by BLEDV »

I tried to init one more time, now it shows me all hdd in good condition!
when i go ahead by "install a new TOS system" it shows me the message "all data on HDD1 and HDD2 will be deleted, are you sure you want to proceed"
same message if I check manual update or automatic update.

Can you tell me what happenes really if i proceed? Data loss??
I am very scared to lose data!
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Reinstalling the system normally will not delete the data on your hard drives.
If you are prompted to create a storage pool or initialize raid after "installing TOS -> restart the device -> set up an administrator account", please do not continue and contact our tech team for help.
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
BLEDV

Post by BLEDV »

dear forum team
Big rocks fallin from my heart, it works by now.
confused me a bit because after install it told me some error message that init did not complete. breathless restart, IP does not answer after a while. Check with ping- nothing :oops: check my router- this succer went back to the old IP adress anyhow. check this IP, TNAS UI is there, telling me it is missing one HDD. let it check by system, all 4 are green, all data is available on network! Batzong i am Happy! I will have it to be mirrored somehow for safety! but it works! Thank you very much!