Brand new F2-423 got into boot loop after 1 day of use

Initialization of newly purchased TNAS or re-installation of your TNAS
betozamo

Brand new F2-423 got into boot loop after 1 day of use

Post by betozamo »

Hi,

I purchased the F2-423 to replace an old NAS and when I received it I tried the installation with an old 1Tb hard drive I had from the old NAS, as the 2 x 6TB WD RED hard drives I purchased haven't had arrived by then.

Installation worked flawlessly and I went through then menus and copied a couple of files to get acquainted with my brand new NAS.

The next day my 2 x 6Tb hard drives arrived and I installed TOS 5 again. Installlation went fine, then I started copying files from my old NAS... after a couple of hours, I realize the F2-423 was off, then on, then off... It was stuck in sort of a boot loop.

I thought hard drives might be the issue, so I took them out and installed the old 1TB that I had made tests with. Nothing changed, it was still in the the boot loop.

Then I tried turning it on without any hard drives installed and I had the same result, a boot loop.
I plugged a monitor to the HDMI port, as I thought I would be able to see the booting information, but no image came from the HDMI.

I don't know what else to do. I think I received a faulty unit. Do you have an additional idea? Which email or webpage should I get in contact in order to process the warranty?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Regards,
--
Beto
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Re: Brand new F2-423 got into boot loop after 1 day of use

Post by TMzethar »

From the phenomenon, it may be a memory stick related problem, please refer to:
viewtopic.php?f=82&t=3890
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Did you add a new memory stick to the device?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
betozamo

Post by betozamo »

Hi, not at all, it is just as it came out of the package.