Setup my F2-210, had a couple of issues

Initialization of newly purchased TNAS or re-installation of your TNAS
pinuk

Setup my F2-210, had a couple of issues

Post by pinuk »

Hi,

I setup my F2-210 and wanted to feedback on a couple of issues i experienced along the way - the quick start instructions really could do with updating as they were very basic.

The first was being unable to connect to the device, it was recognised by the TNAC PC application but i could not access it when clicking logon. I resolved this by switching the device off, removing the drives, powering it back up and starting again. I see from the forum there is also a way to get around this bu using Putty. I didn't know this at the time!

The second was during installation of the RAID-1 configuration,the F2-210 reached about 33% and then said my drives needed initialisation. They were brand new drives just out of the box so i selected to proceed with initialisation. The box just hung and after some time i powered it off and on again and it just started working as expected!

Anyway, all sorted now. I just thought i'd feedback on these issues in case they were useful for others as they had me scratching my head. Hopefully in the future the setup process will be improved to make it a little smoother.

Thanks,
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Setup my F2-210, had a couple of issues

Post by TMroy »

Hi pinuk,
Thank you very much for your feedback!
The issues you described are known issues, we will fix them in the coming new update.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)