F5-221 WEBGUI Not coming back.

Initialization of newly purchased TNAS or re-installation of your TNAS
xagesz

F5-221 WEBGUI Not coming back.

Post by xagesz »

F5-221 w/ 5x 8TB Reds

System has been running for several years and all of a sudden my Mac told me could not find the drive for backup. Cool. Lets check.

Lights are all on no sirens. K. No Webgui.

Had no SSH so could not remote in.

Restarted NAS no result.

Followed the Reinitialize steps. Power Off, Pull drives. Power On. Add drives and so on. Custom install with 5.0.176 from the downloads page.

Everything seemed to take. TNAS reboots. and I get a banner on the tab "TOS Loading" and I get some text via the page itself. But it never goes past this point. I can access the files with the New network drive name and using the admin:admin credentials. But the webgui will not boot and i can not get to it. With HDMI hooked up I can see the system is booting. the last piece is SAMBA loading up. That's where it stops. I don't ever get to a command line in the system to run commands inside it.

Don't know where to go from here. I have reinitialized a couple times but it hangs the same spot.

Thanks.
Attachments
s.PNG
s.PNG (9.17 KiB) Viewed 1481 times
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: F5-221 WEBGUI Not coming back.

Post by TMroy »

System is mounting your storage pool, please wait!
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
xagesz

Post by xagesz »

this is after waiting several HOURS. It never mounts
cdbs

Post by cdbs »

We are having an eerily similar problem with our F5-221.

For us it started last week, exactly the same way: We use the NAS for backups of our office Macs and they all told us they couldn't complete the backup. The lights on the NAS indicated network activity but no hard drive activity. The NAS couldn't be reached via the web interface, it showed the same screen xagesz attached to his post. We also have SSH deactivated as per the recommendation of the security app in the NAS. The TNAS PC app couldn't find the NAS but it showed up in the router table and we could ping it.

Restarted it multiple times to no avail. If we timed it right while restarting the TNAS PC app could find the NAS but showed it as being not initialized. The IP shown in the TNAS PC app was also not the one we had given it but the default value. However after a couple of minutes the TNAS PC lost the NAS and the IP in the router table changed to the one determined by us.

We also tried to reinitialize and installed the latest version of TOS in the process. It allowed the reinstall but after rebooting the NAS the loop began again. We waited three days since your support article said it could take up to two days for the storage pool to be checked. Still looping.

Currently we tried downgrade to the last version of TOS 4 in the reinitialization but after the first boot it started the loop again, albeit with the old TOS 4 loading screen (the blue "pill").
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

The file system is corrupted, and you can try to repair the file system.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
cdbs

Post by cdbs »

TMSupport wrote: 02 Nov 2022, 18:07 The file system is corrupted, and you can try to repair the file system.
Unfortunately that is not possible for us:
TMzethar wrote: 25 Oct 2021, 17:17 Instruction
1. Log in your TNAS with SSH. How to log in your TNAS with SSH terminal?
cdbs wrote: 02 Nov 2022, 15:20 [...] We also have SSH deactivated as per the recommendation of the security app in the NAS. [...]
xagesz

Post by xagesz »

TMSupport wrote: 02 Nov 2022, 18:07 The file system is corrupted, and you can try to repair the file system.

First instruction is SSH. I don't have SSH since it is a fresh install. Got anymore solutions. Your OS needs a backup to allow ssh. Its disabled by default so you can't get to it if its not already on.
xagesz

Post by xagesz »

Without SSh what are my options Terramaster
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

You can install the TOS with another hard disk, and then insert the original hard disk to repair the file system. If the data is important, it is recommended to back it up first.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
xagesz

Post by xagesz »

Yes I have a full 25tb backup offsite. But that is not the fastest thing to restore. System restore would be better. But I have 5 drives in the system. can i do that with 1 new drive?