Volume error after update

Initialization of newly purchased TNAS or re-installation of your TNAS
Gilroy

Volume error after update

Post by Gilroy »

Hi,

i have a F4-220 and tried several times to upgrade to TOS5, but i have much data on the drives.

The only way i found not loosing data was:

- Keep connected 1 SSD (master/boot)
- Disconnect the other 3 HDD (slaves/data)

After the initialisation, i tried to plug the 3 "slaves" (one at a time, with reboot after each one), but i get a "volume corrupted" message, and it seems that 2 HDD shows the same volume number.

In TOS4 i have no conflicts with them. Even when i downgrade to TOS4, they work correctly.

I apreciate any help to this issue.

I really don't have other option, since i don't have other 12TB HDD to backup all data :/

Regards from Portugal
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Volume error after update

Post by TMroy »

what is your previous TOS version before you update it to TOS 5?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Gilroy

Post by Gilroy »

TMroy wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 21:58 what is your previous TOS version before you update it to TOS 5?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Try to plug in all your drives, do not separate them as master, or slaves, and reinstall TOS 5 again.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Gilroy

Post by Gilroy »

TMroy wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 22:02 Try to plug in all your drives, do not separate them as master, or slaves, and reinstall TOS 5 again.
It wouldn't delete the data from all drives? :?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Normally, it wouldn't.
BUT when you are prompted to create a new storage pool or volume during the installation, you need to stop and quite immediately.