F2-221 TOS unreachable

Initialization of newly purchased TNAS or re-installation of your TNAS
Uboa

F2-221 TOS unreachable

Post by Uboa »

I have a relatilevly new NAS, been working a few days as a plex server, but suddenly the TOS webpage is no longer accesible. All drives still mount and are navigable, but trying to access TOS through IP or TNAS PC, whether on phone or PC, does not work.
TOS.png
TOS.png (14.67 KiB) Viewed 5646 times
I get the "LOADING" and the little blue bar, but then I just get these characters.
I tried the "Troubleshooting for initialization issue (The site cannot be reached) of 210 model" fix, I can connect via SSH, but "Admin123" doesn't work as a passwork for root. I don't remember if I changed it, but I tried all the possible PW I would have put, and was getting denied.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: F2-221 TOS unreachable

Post by TMroy »

Let me check with engineer, and come back to you soon.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

hi Uboa,
When you see such a screen, that means the php encryption fails to load. Normally this could not happen. I would like to know what
exact you did to the TNAS box?

DONOT TRY TO CRACK THE SYSTEM, THIS MAY LEAD TO SYSTEM FAILURE AND BREACH OF WARRANTY!
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

The solution is to reinstall your TOS.

Here is instruction to reinstall your TOS:
1. shutdown your TNAS;
2. pull all your drive out from TNAS;
3. power on your TNAS;
4. search your TNAS with your TNAS PC application after the LAN indicator on;
5. click 'login' when you see the device on the search list;
6. when you see a initialization web page, insert your drive back to the TNAS;
7. follow the prompts to finish the TOS installation. please select install a new OS instead of boot with OS exist on your drive;
8. after the installation complete, the issue may be resolved.
Uboa

Post by Uboa »

Hello,
sorry for the late reply, got it working again, by reading the forum, I had to remove all drives as stated, ended up losing all my data though :(\
Only physical thing I did to as was install 2 disks and one USB drive. Software side, just a few docker containers and Transmission, and PLEX server.

This said, it has worked fine for a while, but now when I login to TOS I get that loading bar in the center of the screen permanently, the side status window pops up but just stays blank, windows such as Settings and Applications open, but closing them only turns the window white and it stays there, unable to be reopened, Applications do not run anymore and are not reachable through network.
File sharing still works though.
I reinstalled TOS using the same method, as I did not have much data anymore, due to having it all lost already, but after re initializing and first login, it just does the same.
Uboa

Post by Uboa »

Here's a screenshot, I re-initialized it on another drive, but same thing, the windows can be opened once, but can't close. Applications shows "1" and when I check installed apps, the previous apps are still there, despite factory reset. I'll try doing a complete file system reformat while I wait.
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Uboa

Post by Uboa »

Reinitialized on a 3rd drive, same thing, although this time, all the Application data was completely gone, but that loading bar still stays there, windows, once open, never close but stay as white squares. If I need that window again, I have to log back in.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Change your browser. We recommend Google Chrome, Safari and Firefox recent version.
dmderev

Post by dmderev »

I see the same behavior with Chrome browser; Most likely it is a result of Web page caching when you closed the page before.

When you see "Loading" bar, click on X on your browser next to URL line; and when it changes to "Reload" - click on Reload. My browser then shows the login screen and I can get access to the configuration screen.

Hope it helps.
Uboa

Post by Uboa »

I'm using chrome. Did the same thing on my desktop, laptop, and phone.
I gave up, installed FreeNAS on it, and now everything is working great.