Cant log into new install of TOS5

Initialization of newly purchased TNAS or re-installation of your TNAS
Tricky
Great Britain

Cant log into new install of TOS5

Post by Tricky »

Just decided to update my TOS4 machine and gone through the initialization using a downloaded TOS 5.0.156 and was not asked to create a superuser password, now can't log in tried using the original but can't log in, do I need to reinstall using the 144 version?
TMLyy
TerraMaster Team

Re: Cant log into new install of TOS5

Post by TMLyy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Tricky

Do you mean that the process of reinstalling 5.0.156 did not go to the page to set the super user name and password? Did you install it according to our official installation steps?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Tricky
Great Britain

Re: Cant log into new install of TOS5

Post by Tricky »

Yes all done by the book, but used the 156 download as linked in the installation instructions, I ended up installing the 144 and all is good, accept I lost one HDD with all my films on, but it is a Barracuda, but it's been fine for the last two years, so is it a case of TM doesn't like the brand or what? The disk checks out as good, yet it decided to wipe it, reinstalled the disk, and It's now fine again? Minus any content.