Buggy TOS - Some buttons don't function

Initialization of newly purchased TNAS or re-installation of your TNAS
Wakizashi

Buggy TOS - Some buttons don't function

Post by Wakizashi »

Hi,

I purchased my TerraMaster F2-210 2-bay NAS in April 2020. I successfully installed RAID1 on a pair of 6TB discs and shared a network drive around that time. I simply copied all the files I wanted over to the share. Since then I haven't used the unit (yes I really should backup more often!)

It is running the shipped TOS 4.1.24-2005180955

Today I wanted to perform some backups so I've fired it up and logged into TOS via my browser to check things are up to date and I'm ready for backups. I thought I'd start by making sure the TOS is on the most recent version. However, I ran into a problem, many of the buttons in TOS do not work in any browser, including firefox, edge, IE, mobile browsers and chrome.

For example if I go into control panel > Update & recovery > Software update and select 'Manual update' the browse button doesn't do anything.
Neither does the apply button do anything if I select online update.

I took a look around other settings and noticed:

* security - None of the subsections are accessible
* Backup & Restore - Neither apply nor restore system configuration browse button do anything
* network services - none of subsections are accessible

Am I missing something? The device is accessible and I'm able to copy files to the share just fine, I just can't do lots of things with TOS.

TIA
Wakizashi
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Buggy TOS - Some buttons don't function

Post by TMroy »

Your system seems to be a "ready only" stats, the cause of such issue normally are like disk partition corrupt, system files corrupt.
Please restart your tnas, if the issue still persists, you may need to try to reinstall the OS.
How to install the TOS.

and your version is very out of date, you need to follow the instruction to update your OS step by step.
how to update a outdate TOS?
Download the installation package for 210 series.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Wakizashi

Re: Buggy TOS - Some buttons don't function

Post by Wakizashi »

Thanks, I'll take a look through those links.