TOS Console login has disappeared

Initialization of newly purchased TNAS or re-installation of your TNAS
Dirk1972

TOS Console login has disappeared

Post by Dirk1972 »

Hello,

I am using the F2-210 NAS on the ARM platform, firmware version 4.2.30. Everything had been working nicely and all was setup fine. I have been accessing the NAS storage via SMB in Thunar file manager (I use Linux Mint) for weeks now with no problems. I have not needed to login via the TOS Console for a while, as everything is how I like it and the USB backups run daily unattended. Until today.

This afternoon I went to log into the TOS Console but instead of logging in as normal, I am getting the initialisation wizard - as if I am setting it up for the first time. I have not performed any firmware updates for months. Now suddenly it is asking for the device name, password, security email etc. and if I enter those, it goes straight to the volume setup. Thing is, the volumes are still working and have retained the settings as I have always had them - my folders are still there and all my files are complete.

So although file access and storage is behaving as normal, the TOS console has literally disappeared. I have no idea how this could have happened... is there any way to bypass the initialisation and get to the the standard TOS console? The NAS is not connected to the internet by default (I isolate it to our internal network only).

Thanks.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: TOS Console login has disappeared

Post by TMroy »

Your file system may be corrupted because some unknown reasons.
Please contact our tech team, and try if there is an opportunity to repair it.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)