Unable to login

Initialization of newly purchased TNAS or re-installation of your TNAS
Charlie_Croker

Unable to login

Post by Charlie_Croker »

System F2-422 in a RAID 0

I was using TOS 5.0 beta and noticed (and reported via email) an issue (See below)

"I am unable to access TOS 5 on any browser.
No access to any shared folders via SMB/AFP

The drive flights are flashing green rapidly.

I suspect its rebuilding the media index. But surely TOS5.0 would give higher task priority to a user accessing TOS?

I have also received a number of emails warning me “Failed to connect to the internet please check “.

I plan to reinstall TOS again, (with the other issues I have reported when are we likely to actually see a release candidate of TOS 5.0? I cannot keep devoting so much time to reinstalling TOS5 on an almost weekly basis. Seriously thinking of going back to TOS4 "

I then did a reinstall as per usual (Something I have done many times when TOS 5 refused a valid password). All goes as normal, install TOS (Right now it doesn't matter if I use a custom or normal install and doesn't matter if its TOS 4 or 5) and all goes to plan until the restart (After the 3 minute timer)
I am still unable to access the NAS just getting the white screen with blue Loading bar. The drive lights flash, the IP address is fixed, (and the other two ports are reconnected after TOS install. And after a few hours , browsers says "IP cannot be reached".

I tried with a different drive, same thing happens.

Have you made some changes to the boot loader recently? As this behaviour seems very odd.
Ex Terramaster user. British citizen, Ex resident of KSA, USA and now in UAE.
Charlie_Croker

Re: Unable to login

Post by Charlie_Croker »

Well I have reverted to 4.2.32 and still the same behaviour.

To make things worse I picked up a Synology DS220J ( a budget 2 bay NAS for £154) 2 weeks ago and it works perfectly, Diskstation is awesome, (I also have a 4 BAY QNAP TS453A which is about 7 years old now). The apps for the DS220J work well, I haven't had any issues logging in. File transfer on the 1Gb is good (around 110MB/s)

Looks like I am going to pul the drives, do a wipe and full reset and then sell the TerraMaster. I spend far too much time just getting it to work.
Charlie_Croker

Post by Charlie_Croker »

SO I used a third drive that I had sitting spare and formatted it on my Mac, then I went through the install procedure.
I just let it do a clean install, what surprised me is it installed TOS5.0 Beta? Surely it should have installed TOS 4?
Still it worked and all is good. I am selling the Terramaster and moving to using my QNAP and Synology NAS . While I believe the hardware and value for money is superb with Terramaster, sadly my experience of the software and OS has been less than Stellar.
I really hope they get TOS 5 finished and resolve the issues and avoid future issues with the fans and ransomware.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

We did receive a cumulative 3 case reports of not being able to log in. But this phenomenon could not be reproduced in our laboratory. Since we have more than 100,000 users, there are more than 500 test users for TOS 5 beta alone. We preliminarily infer that this phenomenon is related to the user's network environment and configuration. We will keep our eyes on it.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Charlie_Croker

Post by Charlie_Croker »

@TMRoy
Its not a network issue, I assure you its an issue with the NAS.
Our network comprises of Unifi Switches and Access points, with a separate 10Gbe network.
The F2-422 has dual 1Gb connections to one switch and the 10Gbe is connected to a different switch (on the 10Gbe). There are two other NAS on the 1Gb network. Both of these NAS work with zero issues. The 10Gbe was also not responding.
The exact same NAS (with the same network connections) worked with a freshly wiped drive.
the logs and SNMP logs show the NAS as on both networks.

Sadly due to Terramaster not supplying a working TNAS PC app (TOS 5), it is difficult to understand what is happening
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMRyan »

There may be a problem with the hard disk or file system.
You now have a spare disk, you can contact our technical support team to try to repair the file system for you.
If it is convenient, you can use professional software to check the health of your hard disk: viewtopic.php?f=82&t=1125
When you can't log in with your username and password, you need to check if the IP you set is in conflict with the IP of other devices displayed on the router.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)