How to reset F4-210 to factory settings?

Initialization of newly purchased TNAS or re-installation of your TNAS
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: How to reset F4-210 to factory settings?

Post by TMSupport »

Does this happen when you install the system with each hard drive individually? We cannot ensure that each hard disk is healthy, but the initialization failure is generally caused by the hard drive failure, you need to use third-party tools to detect the hard drives.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
BobF

Post by BobF »

What 3rd party tool do you recommend?

I have cleaned and initialized each of the 4 drives with a Win10 PC. I have tried them one by one, and all together. Same results each time.

The TOS install appears to complete successfully, then the TNAS restarts. Back to initialize again. I've also tried the restart without a drive and installed when prompted. Same result.

Does the TOS install not perform some kind of validation before restarting?

Is there some sort of persistent storage that might be corrupted?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}BobF

It is weird! Your TNAS just failed to recognize your drives. May I know if this is a newly purchased device or you have been using it for a while?
What is your drive model number please? Now we are not sure what happened to your device, but if it is a hardware failure, we can send you a replacement.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
BobF

Post by BobF »

Yes, the unit is new. Purchased via Amazon on April 14th. The initial install/setup went fine. After a few days I went to start over to try a different config and that's when the problem started. I've spent the last week or more trying to get this thing to reinstall TOS.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

I see.
What's the drive model number? do you have any other drive to test if the device hardware is failed? The reason i asked you to do so, because we want to make sure it will work to send you a new replacement.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
BobF

Post by BobF »

I pulled a drive out of the safe and tested yesterday. Same result as the first 4.

The model number on the label is 'F4'

The alert emails show model 'C-N36'

The verification code email shows model 'F4-210'

I received a warranty request email with all of the purchase info at the email address associated with this forum account. That email
shows model # 'F4-210(2GB)'
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Please contact our service team for a replacement.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
BobF

Post by BobF »

Followup:

I received and set up a replacement F4-210 several days ago. The setup was flawless and the unit is performing perfectly fine.

I do wish users other than admin could be configured/managed for the external/usb drive(s)