How to reset F4-210 to factory settings?

Initialization of newly purchased TNAS or re-installation of your TNAS
BobF

How to reset F4-210 to factory settings?

Post by BobF »

How do I completely reset my TNAS F4-210 to factory settings?

I'm stuck in a loop ... install TOS, restart, install TOS over and over. I was able to configure the NAS when I first received it, but I may corrupted it while experimenting
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: How to reset F4-210 to factory settings?

Post by TMroy »

You can delete all the volumes and storage pools, then reinstall your TOS.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
BobF

Post by BobF »

I have done that. When I install TOS, the NAS restarts. It fails to reconnect from the browser, so I access it via TNAS PC. When I click [Login], the NAS starts the Initialization screen over again.

I've taken the drives out, deleted all partitions (via Win PC) and reattempting with the single wiped drive ends with the same result.

It was actually working correctly the first time I set it up.

I can't get to the Control Panel to perform a factory reset. The only thing the box will do is go thru the TOS install process.
TMnorah
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMnorah »

Hi, you can reinstall the system by referring to Method 2 of the following guidelines: https://forum.terra-master.com/en/view ... f=76&t=423
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
BobF

Post by BobF »

Following Method 2 ends with the same results.
After the restart the browser fails to reconnect, so I click [Login] in TNAS PC. I am then presented with the Initialization browser page.

This cycle is endless. I need whatever procedure is used when Method 2 fails
BobF

Post by BobF »

More info:

When TNAS is accessed without an IP port specified, the initialization page is displayed. After install/restart, the reconnect is attempted with port 8181 specified. The browser is unable to connect with the specified port.

If I use the IP without the port number, the initialization is shown again. Connecting with TNAS PC starts the initialization process over again.

The first time I set this up, everything worked fine - with port 8181. Now it doesn't.
BobF

Post by BobF »

If this isn't resolved in the next day or two, the TNAS will be returned and a competitor's NAS will replace it.

I bought this to obtain a higher level of data integrity. So far, I don't feel like TNAS can be trusted to provide any level of data integrity.
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

Do you mean the initialization interface is the interface for detecting the hard disk or the interface for setting the user?
If it returns to the interface of re-detecting the hard disk installation system after restarting, you can replace the hard disk or use professional software to detect and repair the hard disk and try: viewtopic.php?f=82&t=1125
When the display is initialized and the user name, password and secret email address cannot be clicked to skip, if you do not need the data, you can refer to the following: viewtopic.php? f=76&t=2196
If you need data, you can contact our technical support team by mail.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}BobF

When the initboot fails to detect the system files on the hard drive, then it will recognize your device as an uninitialized and guide you to initialize page.
From our experience, if reinstalling TOS does not help, there is a possibility that your hard drive failed. please follow the guideline from @TMray to troubleshoot the issue. Or you can connect the drives to a USB enclosure, make a low-level format then try again.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
BobF

Post by BobF »

So you are suggesting that 4 hard drives failed simultaneously, while installed in the F4-210?

Thanks - this is what I needed.