Issues with Seagate Ironwolf Health Management (IHM)

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
Gorblimey

Issues with Seagate Ironwolf Health Management (IHM)

Post by Gorblimey »

Dear TerraMaster team! Hope you are well these days facing the Corona crisis.

Today I installed a brand new TerraMaster F5-421 with 5 Seagate Ironwolf 4 TB hard drives.

Right after installation all drives report "IHM-notification", see attached image:
terramaster1.png
If can't find any menu or function that would give me additional information about these IHM notifications. The hard drive menu doesn't help either:
terramaster2.png
I tried to find a solution searching the internet and I actually found some screenshots showing TOS with specific sub-menus for Ironwolf Health Management - but my brand new TOS version 4.1.21-2003031748 doesn't have those or at least I din't find them.

Please advise.

Best regards

Gorblimey!
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Issues with Seagate Ironwolf Health Management (IHM)

Post by TMSupport »

Hi, please contact us at support(a)terra-master.com. And send us the logs of this IHM-Notification, we will contact the HDD supplier for verification.
Attachments
IHM.png
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Gorblimey

Post by Gorblimey »

Sorry to say, but I don't have such am menu on my device. As soon as I click the menu item called "Hard Drive" the screens look like this:
terramaster3.png
As you can see there is no screen like in your picture. On screen #3 I can export the S.M.A.R.T. data via CSV but they seem not to contain any IHM data. Neither on screen 3 nor on the other screens there is a button to export IHM logs.

Please advise

Gorblimey!
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

How about this IHM Notification now? One of our user reported the same IHM notification, while he said that the IHM test after the 12 hours ran and reported healthy.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Gorblimey

Post by Gorblimey »

Its true! All drives now report Status "Healthy".

I still cant get to the IHM sub menus since they doesn't seem to exist...