F2-210 resetting to initialize and then dropping off the network

Initialization of newly purchased TNAS or re-installation of your TNAS
legoscuballama

F2-210 resetting to initialize and then dropping off the network

Post by legoscuballama »

My F2-210 has started playing up, I don't know whether it's had an automatic TOS update recently, but I haven't uploaded anything.
I've had the unit running in the background since September 2021 used as a PLEX server.
But about a month ago, I lost all access to our home media library.

Currently, the unit starts up and I can see it on TNAS PC, in an uninitialized mode. I can then log on once the unit has beeped at me and get the "apples" desktop but usually once that moment passes (roughly 60 seconds). The unit then disconnects from the PC, and I can no longer access it via TNAS PC.
To start the process again, I can pull the power and restart the unit, and then go through all the above again.

Any suggestions welcome...? :roll:

F2-210
2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf NAS drive
TM-Allen
TerraMaster Team

Re: F2-210 resetting to initialize and then dropping off the network

Post by TM-Allen »

Hello.Maybe the system files are accidentally damaged for some reason, please try reinstalling TOS. If this happens within a short period of time after the reinstallation, please contact the technical support email or the official website homepage customer service to make an appointment with an engineer for remote investigation.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
legoscuballama

Post by legoscuballama »

Hi,

I've used this post as a reference to reload the TOS. viewtopic.php?f=76&t=423

One of the issues is that it's running in DHCP, so the IP address needs changing every time I turn the unit on.

Method 1: I can get the TOS open and have just enough time to open the backup function before the unit beeps and drops off the network. The backup/TOS restore then fails.
The TOS does look corrupted, a lot of the front-page links and several menus are showing script errors.

Method 2: As mentioned above the DHCP IP address needs changing and without the HDs installed, the password is not accepted.
I've tried my own (which still works in method 1) and "Admin" and "Admin123" as seen in some of the other posts.

I had also tried SSH access via puTTY. The unit refuses access.

Thank you for any help in this. :D
PepeSilvia

Post by PepeSilvia »

Do you have any further progress on this issue? I have the exact same problem: Every time the NAS reboots with hard drives installed, it drops the LAN connection; and it started when I tried to make a DHCP server. I have checked my router and Windows settings to make sure DHCP is enabled, and that the DHCP IP is in range per the router settings, and disabled firewalls to be sure. I can see the NAS is connected to the router, but zero data transfer. I'm all out of ideas; is there anything I'm missing?
antocara

Post by antocara »

I have had the same proble after updating to new tos Version 4.2_4.2.28_2201201720. On the next reboot, after the beep the Nas works for few seconds which allowed me to telnet into it, but then suddenly everything freezes and Nas is not responding anymore. No telnet, no web access, no SSH, no samba, no FTP, Nothing.
What worked for me to bring it to life is to remove 3 of the 4 hdd (my model is F4-210) unplug the power and rebooti it again.
This time the system boots and does not freeze anymore. I have then put back all Hdd's and reboot from Tos desktop and now Nas seem back to life

I have assigned NAS IP in my router with NAS MaC address so the ip is always the same.
gcok

Post by gcok »

I am having the exact same issue since the last update wtf is this issue!!!

only solution I have found is to unplug the power lead (you cannot switch it of by the power button) plug back then it works, sometimes for a week, sometimes for a day, I do not have any open ports to the internet on thi box?, this issue has appeared only after the latest update. The TOS files are not corrupt as a simple unplug fixes the issues, so whats going on ?
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

Which system did you upgrade from? Is it a system version before TOS 4.2.21?
You can try to turn on the hard drive without inserting the hard drive under the condition that the TNAS can be connected to the Internet. After 30 minutes, reinsert the hard drive and turn it on.
Randomly dropped from the network You can refer to this: viewtopic.php?f=81&t=915
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
gcok

Post by gcok »

TMRyan wrote: 26 Mar 2022, 14:22 Which system did you upgrade from? Is it a system version before TOS 4.2.21?
You can try to turn on the hard drive without inserting the hard drive under the condition that the TNAS can be connected to the Internet. After 30 minutes, reinsert the hard drive and turn it on.
Randomly dropped from the network You can refer to this: viewtopic.php?f=81&t=915

ok Ill give that a try, however i doubt that's the cause and its the result of TNAS tos, as the issue began only and immediately after latest update!! by the way the page you posted has a link to a depreciated western digital software. For anybody else that has the issue, you will need to remove your drive(s) and connect to a pc to use the software, which is a complete faff and not everybody has that capability
gcok

Post by gcok »

ok my drives are fine, and this issues is still persisting, its random how often this occurs, sometimes a few days apart, sometimes a week. What on earth would prevent me been able to switch the damn thing off?, this has to be an issue with the most recent update, as the issue has only appeared since then. This is not only frustrating but also really annoying. How do i downgrade this firmware ?
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

Hello, please contact our technical team to remotely troubleshoot the cause of this issue for you.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)