System Halted

Initialization of newly purchased TNAS or re-installation of your TNAS
mirceacul

System Halted

Post by mirceacul »

Hello,
I have bought a new F5-221. I have initialized it with 2 HDD's. It worked.
I have changed the disks after 1 week (old disks not available anymore) and just installed 2 new HDDs.
I tried few times and it didn't start. I end it connecting HDMI to see what is going on.
I have this screen saying: -booting form INIT system - and in the end, Decompressing linux..., uncompression error and -- System halted.
I attach a picture.
I get this error with or without disks inserted.

I don't understand what happened and what can be done to restore it.

Best regards,
Mircea
Attachments
error2.jpg
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: System Halted

Post by TMSupport »

Hi!
Can the NAS enter the initboot system interface or TOS interface after it is started? Please attach screenshots of the webpage if it is convenient. When the hard disk is plugged in and when the hard disk is not plugged in, turn on and wait for a period of time, what is the status of the hard disk lights?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

please tell more details, what you did to the device? how you replaced your drives? what system running in your TNAS?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
mirceacul

Post by mirceacul »

The only thing I could access was to enter bios by pressing DEL.
As long as there was no operating system, of course, there is no IP, no web page, etc. I tried with and without hard disk.
In the end I found out that the internal flash drive got corrupted. I dismantled the unit, removed the usb flash and rebuilt it as described on your tutorials.
Now the unit is back online