TOS won't load

Initialization of newly purchased TNAS or re-installation of your TNAS
lorenz2020

TOS won't load

Post by lorenz2020 »

I have a F4-210 with TOS v 4.2.08 .
Added 2Hdd 6TB with raid-1 with Btrfs . Create Volume#1 on it. Mounted public directory and another directory on Volume#1.
I've been using it for a few months with some users with different permissions. Rebooted sometimes without problem.
Used with smartphone application without problem.

When i reached 5tb of data, i added 2hdd 500GB with JBOD and Ext 4 . Create volume#2 on it. Mounted one directory on volume#2.
Create an account on your tnas.online service. works fine.

After some days and after a few reboot, i lost visibility of all data on 'public' directory mounted on volume#1. Data on direcotry on volume#2 was OK.
I can see that on volume#1 there was 5TB of used space ( but i can't access to the data). All 4hdd was ok ( see on s.m.a.r.t data program)
Rebooted, nothing change.
I verified that the folder 'public' was mounted on the volume#2 !!! i change it to volume#1 .

After reboot, the system try to initialize a new TOS..
It want format all my disks !!

I tried boot with only volume#1 hdd connected.
See pic TOS1.png . The option send code don't work !! If i click on tex page the system try to format the hdd to create a new Volume#1 ( pic tos2.png ).

I tried to boot with only volume#2 hdd connected. The system try to format the hdd to create a new Volume !! (pic tos3.png)

I can't access to the operating system. ( i also tried with ssh )

Have I lost all my data on the disks???? how did it happen? why does the operating system want to reinstall itself?
Thanks.
Attachments
tos3.png
tos2.png
tos1.png
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: TOS won't load

Post by TMSupport »

Hi! Is it convenient to let our engineer check it remotely? Please contact our tech team.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)