TOS showing not connected / won't auto download

Initialization of newly purchased TNAS or re-installation of your TNAS
alexanderz2000

TOS showing not connected / won't auto download

Post by alexanderz2000 »

Hi All/support,
Just got the F2-221 and logged onto the IP, when i select auto download it says device is not connected but that can't be possible if i can reach it on from my browser and logging in to start the process, i've disabled FW and any NIC adapters not in use, I've also tried using the PC application and it does show the device and IP/MAC online so i don't know why the auto download says it's not connected to the network.

When i try to manually download the full application, the page has several different version of TOS Installation Packages and i'm not sure which one to download or why there are different types of the installation packages, i take it its the latest version: For new TNAS device TOS installation 4.2.09 ??
Please advise
Thank you.
Attachments
Download Failed
Download Failed
alexanderz2000

Re: TOS showing not connected / won't auto download

Post by alexanderz2000 »

I also took a chance and downloaded the files and 1/2 ways through it said error, see attachment
I installed 2x 4T drives but that shouldn't make any difference since it support far more then 4Ts, I saw on one youtube post that the drives needed to be first formated if the were previously used but not needed if they were new out of the box? not sure that's true or not. I've tried to install the file using different browsers and disabled the FW just in case but having no luck!
Please advise
Thanks!
Attachments
Install failing - restart TNAS.PNG
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Hi!
To automatically install the TOS system, you need to ensure that your TNAS is connected to the Internet. From the screenshot you attached, your initial boot system does not support the installation of TOS 4.2.09.
For manual installation, it is recommended that you download the TOS 4.2.15 installation package.
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2241
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
alexanderz2000

Post by alexanderz2000 »

Thanks, I did and their reply was of no help at all, I could tell they really didn't read the info i sent!

The problem was the new version file seems to be corrupted!!
I downloaded the previous file and it worked, after installation I had the NAS auto download the Update.bz file
I've resolved my own problem.
DoomOracle

Post by DoomOracle »

alexanderz2000 wrote: 03 Sep 2021, 12:57 Thanks, I did and their reply was of no help at all, I could tell they really didn't read the info i sent!

The problem was the new version file seems to be corrupted!!
I downloaded the previous file and it worked, after installation I had the NAS auto download the Update.bz file
I've resolved my own problem.
I saw on one youtube post that the drives needed to be first formated if the were previously used but not needed if they were new out of the box? not sure that's true or not. I've tried to install the file using different browsers and disabled the FW just in case but having no luck!