Set up not Initializing Drives F2-221

Initialization of newly purchased TNAS or re-installation of your TNAS
Stigletuk

Set up not Initializing Drives F2-221

Post by Stigletuk »

Hi,

My NAS failed and would not start or let me access the data on my HDD's. after a quick check by putting the HDD's into another PC they booted and loaded the TNAS OS to let me get my data from them but would still not work in the TNAS itself.

When looking into this I removed the USB stick from inside and put this into my Ubuntu system and it sound the USB was faulty and corrupted, I rebuilt this using this guide [viewtopic.php?f=75&t=1455] and then tried to put my HDD's back in but this failed and while it went through the set up, each time it said it had completed when I opened it up again the status was uninitialized.

I have tried to format both my HDD's in both FAT and NTFS to start them again fresh but each time the status does not move from uninitialized.

Has anyone come across this before? I'm thinking the issue might be with the USB i made after the failure but I don't want to go recreating this again if it isn't

Thanks in advanced for any help anyone can provide.
titanrx8

Re: Set up not Initializing Drives F2-221

Post by titanrx8 »

When I had to re- create the USB for my f2-221, the drives would only initialize as ext4. I would have lost all of my data if I didn't backup to an external NTFS drive when the unit started to go flaky.
Stigletuk

Post by Stigletuk »

Thanks for the advise. I will give this a try once I finish work.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Stigletuk

Hi!Re-burning the usb is only suitable for the situation that the initboot system does not work. During initialization, can the hard disk be recognized, and whether the hard disk light is on?
You can attach screenshots of the issue you encountered if it is convenient.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Stigletuk

Post by Stigletuk »

{L_BUTTON_AT}TMSupport

Hi, Yes during initialization the HDD's are picked up as being good. as can be seen in the HDD and HDD good sreenshots.

I have provided sreenshots for all stages when sing Automatic set up. the same happens when using Custom set up.

Thanks.
Attachments
Start.png
Restarting.png
Restarting.png (22.9 KiB) Viewed 2650 times
Installing.png
HDD's Good.png
HDD's found.png
HDD's found.png (16.45 KiB) Viewed 2650 times
End.png
After Restart.png
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Hi! Is it convenient to let our engineer check it remotely? Please contact our tech team.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)