f4-210 was off after power outage, now wants to re-initialize and format

Initialization of newly purchased TNAS or re-installation of your TNAS
KEVDAL

f4-210 was off after power outage, now wants to re-initialize and format

Post by KEVDAL »

Hello, I have an f4-210 (4 disks, in a RAID 10 config) that was off after a power outage. I restarted it and was unable to access the files, so I used the web-app to see what was up. It asked me to re-initialize with a password (and authenticate via email), then went into the initialization process, saying that I must have at least one volume in the storage space.

Create volume on an existing storage pool" was unselectable, and "create volume on a new storage pool" looks like it will format my disks. It does however see all of my disks at least. Any ideas what the hell happened, and if I can recover this data? It would be an absolute bummer to lose, especially since I went through all of the trouble creating a RAID and everything :x

Huge thanks for any help or advice
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: f4-210 was off after power outage, now wants to re-initialize and format

Post by TMSupport »

Your HDDs may be corrupted because of the power outage. Your data would have been erased if you have already proceeded with "create volume on a new storage pool".
If not, you can contact support(at)terra-master.com to ask for the remote session to see whether our techs could mount the RAID for you.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
KEVDAL

Post by KEVDAL »

Hello thank you for responding. I didn't proceed with the format operation (it gave me a warning that proceeding would format, and I didn't proceed), so that shouldn't have done any damage in itself. Any other tips I should try before hitting up support?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

You can attach this post link together with detailed information of HDDs, RAID mode together, and our support team will confirm with you with the remote sessesion.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)