TOS won't download and no option for manual install.

Initialization of newly purchased TNAS or re-installation of your TNAS
ericflick

TOS won't download and no option for manual install.

Post by ericflick »

I ran into so me issues on my F2-210 and decided to reinstall TOS. I get to the Initialization screen and click continue. It checks the HHD and moves to the TOS download screen and is stuck at 0%. There is no option to manually download and install TOS. I have tried using two different browsers and two different computers with the same result. At this point I think it is not seeing the internet even though everything is connected.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: TOS won't download and no option for manual install.

Post by TMSupport »

Please restart your device without HDDs and try again.
Please choose "Custom" when it asks you how to initialize TNAS. And then you can manually download the TOS to install it.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
R4nd0m

Post by R4nd0m »

I have had a similar experience, but at no point when selecting Custom am I prompted to select my downloaded file
I disconnected the internet to see if this would prompt for a file, but just sat 'Downloading TOS' at 0%
I have tried several browsers and the app on PC and mobile, none allow me to select the TOS manually

Automatic downloads fine, but system never boots, just gets stuck at 'Loading' after install

I think it may be a mis-match in version, where I had 4.2.14 installed and auto download is potentially using an older version

Any other way to apply my downloaded version manually?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

What's your TNAS model number and init boot version?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
R4nd0m

Post by R4nd0m »

TS-453A

I have since managed to recover my NAS, but at no point could I select a local firmware to load
Fortunately the auto install installed 4.2.14