Boot Order Blocked in BIOS - F2-422

Initialization of newly purchased TNAS or re-installation of your TNAS
dranivil

Re: Boot Order Blocked in BIOS - F2-422

Post by dranivil »

sianderson wrote: 15 Jun 2021, 23:48
dranivil wrote: 12 Jun 2021, 22:35 I find it very bad on the part of terramaster that they intentionally limit the BIOS to interfere with the startup of third-party software.
what a quite odd comment to make, would you have an issue if you bought a renault car and a BMW door doesnt fit? and then complained to Renault that they intentionally made their door a different shape to a BMW one? after all you own the car so a different manufacturers part should fit?
This is not a valid example. We are talking about a feature that is intentionally blocked, regardless of what software I install afterwards. Or if you want to see it in a different way, it is as if I sell you a car but I put some special screws so that only my own workshops can change your wheels for my brand.
sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

dranivil wrote: 17 Jun 2021, 22:29
sianderson wrote: 15 Jun 2021, 23:48
dranivil wrote: 12 Jun 2021, 22:35 I find it very bad on the part of terramaster that they intentionally limit the BIOS to interfere with the startup of third-party software.
what a quite odd comment to make, would you have an issue if you bought a renault car and a BMW door doesnt fit? and then complained to Renault that they intentionally made their door a different shape to a BMW one? after all you own the car so a different manufacturers part should fit?
This is not a valid example. We are talking about a feature that is intentionally blocked, regardless of what software I install afterwards. Or if you want to see it in a different way, it is as if I sell you a car but I put some special screws so that only my own workshops can change your wheels for my brand.
even your example is flawed to be honest, the intention of wheels is for them to be changed so bolts wont be using special screws, there is no intention to need to change those bios settings in the usual operation of the device, going back to your example though this kind of thing exists all the time with wheel stud sizes, different manufacturers use different studs therefore you cant just swap wheels (alloys) on cars for your own brand of wheel unless they are the same

if i understand correctly anyway, work around to make it compatible is to use the boot usb thats internal to the device so you can still do what you want, TM havent blocked you changing the OS
F2-210

Vortex

Post by Vortex »

Here is the My TerraMaster Fx-422 BIOS mod:
https://mega.nz/file/N8lHkCZZ#ysZhD4tsL ... Cw520QOFlw

Enabled:
- CSM Options
- RTC Alarm Options

To flash (use FreeDOS or something):
AFUDOS.EXE BIOSMOD.ROM

Enjoy.
djonesuk

Post by djonesuk »

Let me tell you about this little company called Apple....
eloo

Post by eloo »

Hi Vortex,

can you maybe describe how you have created the bios mod?
Because enabling the RTC Alarm options in bios would also fix the issue in
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1334&start=20

Which is simply ignored by TerraMaster itself.

Maybe you can provide a bios mod for the Fx-421 as well?

Thanks
Vortex wrote: 19 Jul 2021, 21:16 Here is the My TerraMaster Fx-422 BIOS mod:
https://mega.nz/file/N8lHkCZZ#ysZhD4tsL ... Cw520QOFlw

Enabled:
- CSM Options
- RTC Alarm Options

To flash (use FreeDOS or something):
AFUDOS.EXE BIOSMOD.ROM

Enjoy.