NEW F5-422 BTRFS OR EXT4 FOR PLEX SERVER WITH 4K MOVIES

Initialization of newly purchased TNAS or re-installation of your TNAS
tonks4ever

NEW F5-422 BTRFS OR EXT4 FOR PLEX SERVER WITH 4K MOVIES

Post by tonks4ever »

Hello my new f5-422 coming soon at home with 5x 6to western digital red and i have some questions :

- witch system file( EXT4 or BTRFS ??????) i will use for PLEX SERVER and 4k VIDEOS and will like the best connection transfer as possible !!!

- after the good system file i want created a raid5 and use 10gb connection, is it a good choice for streaming 4k videos at home ?

- the f5-422 have 4gb ddr3 memory, what is the maximun size for upgrade it (4+4=8gb or more ispossible ?)

very very sorry for my poor english !!!
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Re: NEW F5-422 BTRFS OR EXT4 FOR PLEX SERVER WITH 4K MOVIES

Post by TMRyan »

Hello there,
1. Both file systems can be used. EXT4 is recommended temporarily.
2. Raid 0 has the highest transmission efficiency, but Raid 5 is also a good choice which can protect your data well and the transmission speed is not slow.
3. F5-422 supports up to 80TB (16TB*5)
RAID 0: The storage capacity is the capacity of N* smallest hard disks (N is the number of hard disk drives, not less than 2).
RAID 1: The storage capacity is the capacity of the smallest hard disk.
RAID 5: The storage capacity is the capacity of (N-1)* smallest hard disks (N is the number of hard disk drives, not less than 3).
RAID 6: The storage capacity is the capacity of (N-2)* smallest hard disks (N is the number of hard disk drives, not less than 4).
Single Disk: The capacity of each hard drive is independent.
JBOD: The storage capacity is the sum of the capacity of all hard disk drives.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)