Does pressing and holding power button on start-up do something?

Initialization of newly purchased TNAS or re-installation of your TNAS
thefalloftroy101

Does pressing and holding power button on start-up do something?

Post by thefalloftroy101 »

Hello, I was having issues accessing my TNAS (TM F5-421) so I turned it off and on again, something I have done a few times to resolve access issues. However, this time, when the TNAS powered back on, I am unable to access it via IP or file manager. I have the correct IP address, but when I try to access it, it just shows a "LOADING" screen that flashes repeatedly.

At the moment, when I look at the LEDs on the front of the device, it looks like they are all blinking/flashing rapidly (green colour). I think when I turned it off/on, I may have accidentally held the button when I turned it back on. Does this cause the device to enter some specific mode or perform some specific action? I have this device configured to send me email notifications and after I turned it off/on I received an email that says: "Congratulations! RAID in your TNAS has been rebuilt successfully."

EDIT/UPDATE: My TNAS appears to be back online and is accessible again, but it looks like it is now going through the "Synchronization" process on my Volume 1 (I only have one volume configured).

Did I do something to cause my device to have to re-synchronize? Will this affect any of the data on my TNAS? It's currently only at 2.7% and is going slow, I'm just hoping all of my data will still be there when it's done...?
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Re: Does pressing and holding power button on start-up do something?

Post by TMRyan »

Hello,
Can you access your data normally now?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
thefalloftroy101

Re: Does pressing and holding power button on start-up do something?

Post by thefalloftroy101 »

Hi, I checked the dashboard this morning and it's at 73% synchronization, so hopefully I'll know soon in a few more hours.