F4-210 (RAID5) wants to re-initialize only one day after it was first taken to use

Initialization of newly purchased TNAS or re-installation of your TNAS
pulkkinen

F4-210 (RAID5) wants to re-initialize only one day after it was first taken to use

Post by pulkkinen »

I have F4-210 with RAID5 that was taken into use on Wednesday, Dec 23, and now on Thursrday, Dec 24, it takes to initialization screen when I try to login. Please help. It has already 50 000 photos backed up inside, so I would prefer not to mess up anything and start over.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: F4-210 (RAID5) wants to re-initialize only one day after it was first taken to use

Post by TMSupport »

Please send an email to support(at)terra-master.com to ask for remote session with all detailed information including HDD model number and created RAID mode.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: F4-210 (RAID5) wants to re-initialize only one day after it was first taken to use

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}pulkkinen
When your TNAS in RAID 5 configuration brings you to initialization, there are two possibilities, 1). your file system crashed due to inproper shutdown; in this case, please contact with our tech team, we will try if we can rescure your data; 2). More than one drives kicked off from your RAID because of drive failure. You need to verify if there are drive failure inside your RAID. please refer to this instruction.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
pulkkinen

Post by pulkkinen »

Thank you for your assistance. I sent an email as requested and agreed a time with the support for remote connection, but the time passed and support never even tried to take remote control. They also are not replying to my additional messages. I'm not happy.
pulkkinen

Post by pulkkinen »

@TMroy

To my knowledge the NAS has not been shutdown at all since it was first turned on.
It would be also quite strange if more than one totally new, highly praised Seagate Ironwolf drives would be faulty. Also, shouldn't the NAS display some kind of error if drive fault was detected?
pulkkinen

Post by pulkkinen »

Finally done. Just two and half hours late by technician who probably could do better. I could have done better. But none the less, it is working again, so thank you for that.

For those interested, I think the OS went nuts when I ran the updater, because that's when the issue started. And it was fixed by getting the package again via SSH connection.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

It's the reason of the kernel. The kernel needs to be updated.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)