F4-220: Unable to reinstall TOS System. Broken?

Initialization of newly purchased TNAS or re-installation of your TNAS
LastV8

F4-220: Unable to reinstall TOS System. Broken?

Post by LastV8 »

Hi,

my Terramaster F4-220 seemingly just died on me. Bought in May 2018, it worked wonderfully for 2 and a half years together with 4 Western Digital 3TB NAS Harddrives.

Just 2 or 3 days ago I upgraded the TOS System from some 4.x to some other 4.1 System (it just said update available), I didn't pay too much attention on the versioning, everything needs updates these days.

After the update, everything seemed to work, I installed a new Sharing Directory and created a new user without hiccups. Then, today, the main shares were no longer accessible from my Windows Workstation - a SINGLE share IS STILL accessible, but I can't see why? Maybe because it is the smallest (just 2 files)?

I can't connect to the TNAS over Web, but an IP Addressscanner detected the TNAS at the right address and showed an HTTP and FTP Server active. Also, the TNAS App for PC finds the TNAS. Still, no change.

A little searching on the web later:

Shutdown - remove disks - reboot - reinsert disks - (i could now connect to http) - install TOS with active NAS...
no problems shown
... but not working. Same as before.

More searching:

Shutdown - remove disks - reboot - reinsert disks - (i could now connect to http) - new install TOS
Download automatically
it downloads alright, but FAILS EVEYTIME i try 55% - right after it starts installation.

It seems the TOS system is corrupted, or at least the space where it should go died. What can I do to reuse my NAS? Data is not terribly important but would still be a bonus to still own...

thank you in advance!
LastV8
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Re: F4-220: Unable to reinstall TOS System. Broken?

Post by TMS »

Please refer to this link: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=921
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
LastV8

Post by LastV8 »

Ok, I'm officially impressed!

Two hours after putting the question up, the answer I was looking for is there!

Thanks, it helped - I can now login again. :D

Data seems to be gone, but as the Disks still show the correct Data usage, I could imagine, that this is an easy fix.

I'll search for it, but wouldn't mind for someone just posting the solution :-)

Thanks!
LastV8

Post by LastV8 »

Nevermind!!!

A simple check has shown that my Users/Usergroup have been deleted, which I should have expected :oops:

Recreating these with the correct permissions have solved the problem!

Of course all existing Shares were still there...

Thanks to the support team!
record time!
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

LastV8 wrote: 12 Dec 2020, 00:50
Data seems to be gone, but as the Disks still show the correct Data usage, I could imagine, that this is an easy fix.
You can go to the control panel 》shared folders》 advanced and restore to volume.
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @

Return to “Initialization”